14 - Javier Mascherano

desoe

Forgot to add, if Barca have a bad year, he'll ask to leave and refuse to play. And use his family's unhappiness as an excuse. :)

There's a difference in "having a bad year" and playing for a club with no future at all, I think. Bad years happen to everyone, but Liverpool are enjoying nothing different. Pathetic team.

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
I just read the deal's closed and wasn't sure if everybody knew. Now that I found the thread in this section... :) This is not what I wanted to happen, but at least we finally managed to get someone from the island :p

XaviMessiGirl

There's a difference in "having a bad year" and playing for a club with no future at all, I think. Bad years happen to everyone, but Liverpool are enjoying nothing different. Pathetic team.

Tell that to Torres, Gerrard, Kuyt, Reina, and all the others who pledged their support to Liverpool even through this bad time. Things will look up for them once they're sold, I think. The club isn't pathetic, the owners are.

There's also a difference between expressing a desire to leave, and the way he went about doing it. I don't care that he wanted to leave Liverpool, I know not everyone is going to want to stick around when there are no trophies in sight, whatever. But refusing to play before a deal was even reached? Classless. He left LFC on a terrible note, that wasn't the way to go at all. That is why I'm bitter over this whole thing, at least my Liverpool half is. My Barca half on the other hand is admittedly curious now that the deal has gone through.

shann

Xavi es mi hombre
That is why I'm bitter over this whole thing, at least my Liverpool half is. My Barca half on the other hand is admittedly curious now that the deal has gone through.

And that's why it's hard for me to understand people who support more than one club. When things like this happens, damn.

Chainsaw

Killahead
The main problem some people probably have with Mascherano is because he has no special eye catching skills or he is no entertainer. I understand. He's a team player like Sergio. He definitely won't be a very inetersting player for video games.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
The main problem some people probably have with Mascherano is because he has no special eye catching skills or he is no entertainer. I understand. He's a team player like Sergio. He definitely won't be a very inetersting player for video games.

Crowd will love him though. Same as they adored Davids.

Chainsaw

Killahead
And that's why it's hard for me to understand people who support more than one club. When things like this happens, damn.

It's not that much hard to understand. It's like you love different bands or musicians or different directors or simply different people and relatives. But I know the feeling when your fav teams meet each others like last year semi final between Inter and Barca for me, or tonight match between Atletico and Inter. Last year I was more on the Barca side than Inter's in the semi-final and I was disappointed alittle bit that night and the next morning. I dunno, it's a shitty feeling for sure. You just feel tore apart at the time. You dunno if you have to laugh or cry but that's the way it goes.

XaviMessiGirl

Yeah this whole thing made my head hurt. But I love my clubs, I supported Liverpool first but as soon as I started watching Barca, I fell in love with them. But I wasn't about to ditch Liverpool as they got me interested in football in the first place, never forget your first as they say :) I have seen Liverpool in good times, and now bad times, and I'll see them out because I just fucking love them no matter what.

What I don't understand though are those who claim to support a whole long list of clubs, I've seen that in other communities I visit and it just makes me wonder if they know what "support" means, or if they're just hopping from club to club and league to league looking for success. I mean I just wouldn't be able to devote that much of myself to more than these two and feel like a real fan, plus there's way too much opportunity for trouble and conflicting loyalties. I hope this one blows over, Barca used to have a decent relationship with Liverpool after that 2007 CL match.

It's not that much hard to understand. It's like you love different bands or musicians or different directors or simply different people and relatives. But I know the feeling when your fav teams meet each others like last year semi final between Inter and Barca for me, or tonight match between Atletico and Inter. Last year I was more on the Barca side than Inter's in the semi-final and I was disappointed alittle bit that night and the next morning. I dunno, it's a shitty feeling for sure. You just feel tore apart at the time. You dunno if you have to laugh or cry but that's the way it goes.

I feel it's wrong to support two clubs from the same league, but I don't see a problem at all if you like two clubs from different leagues. I could never imagine supporting another EPL side other than Liverpool for any reason, or another La Liga side other than Barca. I'm entertained by other clubs, like Atletico (mostly because of Forlan and Aguero) but I don't support them.

But yeah, for me if Liverpool get to the CL again and play Barca, it's Liverpool for me, but I wouldn't be too sad if the results were opposite either. Liverpool would just be the one I would vocally support if I went out somewhere and watched it or whatever.

Silver

Welcome in Barça Mascherano!! A serious competition for Busquets

looks like Jonathan and Thiago will stay in Barcelona B

Chainsaw

Killahead
I feel it's wrong to support two clubs from the same league, but I don't see a problem at all if you like two clubs from different leagues. I could never imagine supporting another EPL side other than Liverpool for any reason, or another La Liga side other than Barca. I'm entertained by other clubs, like Atletico (mostly because of Forlan and Aguero) but I don't support them.

But yeah, for me if Liverpool get to the CL again and play Barca, it's Liverpool for me, but I wouldn't be too sad if the results were opposite either. Liverpool would just be the one I would vocally support if I went out somewhere and watched it or whatever.

What's wrong with supporting two clubs from the same league?! Yeah maybe if you support two arch rivals it's lame but not the clubs that have no hostility to one another. Plus it's rare that the challenge of Atletico and Barcelona will be a decider that much. There is a huge distance between these two teams.

Home of Barca Fans