14 - Javier Mascherano

Antimadridista1

Not the start of season that we expect from one of the best players in the world in his position but I think that he's tired... Copa America and no rest due to lack of quality substitutes in Barcelona (well, from now on we have Umtiti but the latter wasn't here in the past) can explain his average form.
Not worried though.

PhilS

That goal was not only his fault. However, falling down is not really what you want from your CB as the last line of defense. Masch is not having a good early season, I think he is shaken by the arrival of Umtiti and Gomes. I am Masch's biggest fan, but if I were Lucho I would play Mathieu ahead of him for now. You just can't play CB for Barca unless you are playing well. Having a good game except for one disaster is not good enough.

God Serena

I didn't say that. You know I didn't say that, and yet you still want to argue.

You're trying to say his age and form have nothing to do with why he slipped, but his age and form have had everything to do with his general poor performances all season, which would support that he slipped because of those factors.

I can almost promise you Umtiti wouldn't have been kissing the grass as his keeper stood stranded, if put in the same situation.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I can almost promise you Umtiti wouldn't have been kissing the grass as his keeper stood stranded, if put in the same situation.

You cant guarantee that. When running with your back to the goal there is always a chance to slip. Applies to everyone.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
You're trying to say his age and form have nothing to do with why he slipped, but his age and form have had everything to do with his general poor performances all season, which would support that he slipped because of those factors.

He had to rapidly change direction because of the nutmeg on Pique to get infront of the attacker, this caused him to lose balance and slip.

God Serena

He had to rapidly change direction because of the nutmeg on Pique to get infront of the attacker, this caused him to lose balance and slip.

No. Rewatch the goal again. The attacker is already past Pique and Masche is firmly on both of his feet. His body is directed towards one direction and the attacker cuts the other way and THEN Masche falls. He was beaten 1v1, there's no way around it. Saying it happened any other way is just changing the events in your own mind to make him seem like he's less at fault than he really is. Mascherano last season would have destroyed that guy.

Raketa10

He again made huge mistake yesterday against Peru. Argentina conceded second goal because of his asist to the Peruvian footballer! What the hell is happening with him?

Last edited:

God Serena

Horrifying to see what's happening to him. As of now our only CBs worth starting are Pique and Umtiti, which is worrying.

Home of Barca Fans