14 - Javier Mascherano

If he leaves than we dont have time for adventures.. splash money on marquinhos and bully him out of psg

I'd rather pay Laporte's buyout clause than spend the summer throwing 50m at PSG only to get rejected again. And I'm not too sure about Laporte either.

On the flip side, Marquinhos was interested in the move back when we tried to buy him from PSG in 2014. If Masch leaves he's sure to be a starter so maybe that'd be enough to get him to try to force his way out. But it's a long shot I'd rather not waste time with. Even if Marquinhos were to try to force his way out, PSG could still refuse to let him go.

Really should have bought him back when he was at Roma.

Last edited:

xXKonan

If he leaves than we dont have time for adventures.. splash money on marquinhos and bully him out of psg
:VdB:

PSG is a one way street, you sell them your player and don't bother asking about theirs, or they will throw a complete bitch fit about it and threaten to active the buyout clause of your star players.

Lomar1o

we will be eternally grateful for your incalculable services unyielding wall of barca's defensive line. i bid you adieu with my hat off, holding back my manly tears.

p.s. i hope he stays xD

JamDav1982

Masch has been the leader of this team for years.

Pique has developed into a real leader as well. His performance in the final was insane he led by example the whole way.

A few years ago would have been terrified with Pique beside a new CB but think he can now be that leader if Masche leaves.

Total-Football

We are a bigger team than psg.. football is like the jungle nowadays.. real madrid took an on contract ancelloti. If we convince the player and he is keen on playing with us. Then they have nothing to do.. laporte is pique style.. we need someone to complete him, marquinos is the best option out there.

Neymessi

Fucking hell why does he want to go. It sucks really. Just ended the season nicely and now I hear this.

Masch is our leader. Dunno who will take his place when he leaves. The only thing that can give me some solace is the fact that he was happy here but left us because of better challenges or those kind of reasons and for the love of god he doesn't go for half of his market value like so many players of ours left and we find a nice suitable replacement for him.

I always saw him as a great indespensable asset to our team but now I realaise how lucky we were to have him. We will miss you masche. :cry:

Stric

I don't want him to leave, but if he wants to go himself, I think now's not a bad time, really. He's done good here and he'd be leaving after two very successful seasons, which he contributed a lot to. To me, that's a dignified departure, as opposed to one where a player is leaving an unsuccessful club to look for greener grass elsewhere.

dakt

But why would he want to leave so successful club? And it's not just any club. Players here have great chemistry and talent wise it's a Disneyland of football.

Galning

But why would he want to leave so successful club? And it's not just any club. Players here have great chemistry and talent wise it's a Disneyland of football.

I read some reasons. One of which was that over time his wage was significantly lower than new guys signing even though he plays a bigger part than them. Also tax issues.

dakt

I read some reasons. One of which was that over time his wage was significantly lower than new guys signing even though he plays a bigger part than them. Also tax issues.

Well, that's a good reason. Would be nice to see wages of our standard 11 in once place.

God Serena

If he wants to go, he should go. One CB should be promoted from B team as 4th choice (Tarin?), and one CB should be brought in to be a starter next to Pique.

Sorry, but any world where Mathieu is a starter here is a world where we burn.

Home of Barca Fans