14 - Javier Mascherano

Andrew M

I'm ok with him going for whatever reason (tax or new challenge or whatever), but this shouldn't be one of our charity deals. 25 million euros is reasonable. Maybe a gentleman's agreement that we get first option on pogba or dybala.

When he leaves though he will do so as one of our best ever CBs.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Hm, even MD is not denying this, so basically if he leaves we'll be left with 2 CBs - Pique and Mathieu. This means that the club will need to buy two CBs and one of them will have to go straight into starting XI.

khaled_a_d

Hm, even MD is not denying this, so basically if he leaves we'll be left with 2 CBs - Pique and Mathieu. This means that the club will need to buy two CBs and one of them will have to go straight into starting XI.

No source saying that we are interested to sell.but it seem that Mascherano already made his mind.
This basically fucks our transfer plans tbh.we are in no position to not sort our CB situation this summer
Unless they think Mathieu can be starter,we should break the bank for a new starting CB

aaron101

I really don't understand him. Why would he leave this early??? He's just 31. He could just go to Italy when he's 33 or 34. He still has 2-3 years with us. He's one of our best defender this season. Really disappointed about his decision. He's bound to win another UCL with us.

khaled_a_d

Yeah but Masche isn't that old and he just had one of his best seasons here.I mean,if he wants to leave,we can't force him to stay,but we shouldn't bend over and let him leave for peanuts.Anything less than 20M would be a joke

Henry & Marquez was almost same age.we are fooling ourselves if we think we can get anything close to 20M from Juve.10 will actually surprise me.They are one of the best in the transfer market.

Maybe Bartra will change his mind if Masche leaves,thus we are going to need only one extra CB

Doubt it,he was the 5th CB now.2 departures makes him 3rd CB .a new CB signed will make him 4th CB again.
But I think now the 2nd CB will be sort of a cheap bargain.Lemos/Sidnei type of signing.basically a player who would cost us as much as Bartra but will be happy just to wear Barca shirt

gasgas

Henry & Marquez was almost same age.we are fooling ourselves if we think we can get anything close to 20M from Juve.10 will actually surprise me.They are one of the best in the transfer market.

Doubt it,he was the 5th CB now.2 departures makes him 3rd CB .a new CB signed will make him 4th CB again.
But I think now the 2nd CB will be sort of a cheap bargain.Lemos/Sidnei type of signing.basically a player who would cost us as much as Bartra but will be happy just to wear Barca shirt

So that means starting CBs will be pique mathieu
Bartra/Lemos as backups
If so then :cry: :cry:
RIP barca defence :cry:
Another 7 up incoming :cry:

gasgas

No source saying that we are interested to sell.but it seem that Mascherano already made his mind.
This basically fucks our transfer plans tbh.we are in no position to not sort our CB situation this summer
Unless they think Mathieu can be starter,we should break the bank for a new starting CB

I don't wanna live in a world where Mathieu is our starting CB
No just No :cry:

Darko

So let me get this straight, we need a CB so we're going to let go of our 2nd best one?
Not even the Barca board is that stupid.

Nucky

So let me get this straight, we need a CB so we're going to let go of our 2nd best one?

I also find this hard to believe.. Bartra,Mascherano,Vermaelen all leaving? That would be stupid unless we plan to buy 2 CBs.. One top class CB and one for backup.. I don't mind if we sell Vermaelen or Mathieu but not Mascherano.. Too much important for our defence..

aaron101

Dude, try to understand yhe situation. Read the news. It's not US who wants to let go, it's him who wants to go to Juve. Is that hard to understand? The only thing they can do is to force him to stay otherwise, they have to respect his decision to leave. We really don't have a choice if he's already decided.

George_Costanza

they are the one who are buying and we are the one are not selling. Actually, Masch is the only player I can think of who is leaving Barcelona and the management will try to hold onto him. The rule of supply and demand should apply here. He won't be cheap.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
IF he got to leave for Juve, hopefully we can do some decent business for once and get guarantees for Pogba.

Home of Barca Fans