14 - Javier Mascherano

AnnieSureshot

I've always been one of the biggest defenders of Masch in here, so there no need for a lecture on his strengths here. That, however, doesn't change the fact that that action was a mistake on his part, and could've cost us early on.
I do agree it was a big mistake but Pique did something similar just minutes before him and everybody forgot somehow. Is it because he's taller or something?

This is a forum with 3,738 members .you surely aware you will get all types of opinion here
But it's the same couple of dozen that post regularly. My post was to point out the quite opposite views of one player and how they can change from game to game. It's just another opinion.

Trickykid

I do agree it was a big mistake but Pique did something similar just minutes before him and everybody forgot somehow. Is it because he's taller or something?

Yeah, because Piqué never catches any sort of flak, right? :lol: You're new here, huh...
Anyhow, I really don't see why you need to even bring up Piqué here, when we're discussing the performance of Mascherano.

AnnieSureshot

Yeah, because Piqué never catches any sort of flak, right? :lol: You're new here, huh...
Anyhow, I really don't see why you need to even bring up Piqué here, when we're discussing the performance of Mascherano.

Not as new as it may seem.
Bringing up comparisons with players of similar positions is quite logical and happens very often on this forum.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Official: Mascherano, who was subbed off yesterday, gor a knock on his thigh, but does not have a muscle injury #fcblive

Nothing too serious.

Trickykid

Not as new as it may seem.
Bringing up comparisons with players of similar positions is quite logical and happens very often on this forum.

Then you really shouldn't even question whether Piqué is being criticised or not. If any player has been the subject of abuse in here, it's him.

Horatio

You're welcome
It's his personality and attitude that's usually being questioned, not his skill set.

There have been times that Piques skills were questioned. He has played games where he seemed to be sleeping on the job.
Overall also more consistent than a couple of seasons ago.
I think the way Pique works is that he has a lazy attitude overall and thinks everthing will turn out fine not worriying about early season results.
But when his pride is on the line or the team is closer to winning trophies this guy gets fired up.
But yeah, then you would still be right and it would be an attitude thing.

Trickykid

It's his personality and attitude that's usually being questioned, not his skill set.

Wrong. People have criticised his lack of speed - especially when trying to turn - countless times.
That and his heading abilities, or rather strenght in aerial duels, where many has claimed he's being bullied to easily.

Last edited:

AnnieSureshot

Wrong. People have criticised his lack of speed - especially when trying to turn - countless times.
That and his heading abilities, or rather strenght in aerial duels, where many has claimed he's being bullied to easily.
And still nobody claims Mathieu should replace him.

serghei

Mathieu is never above Mascherano. Never was. Mascherano always starts in tough games if both fit and ready to play. Lucho values Mascherano a lot. A lot.

Trickykid

I dunno. And I also don't know why Matthieu jumped over Mascherano in ranks for some people but that's what I was referring to in my first post. Maybe you should re-read because I think you're not sure you're arguing with me.

Likewise, dude, likewise. :lol:
I still have no clue why you're talking about anyone jumping ranks, because I've never mentioned anything in that vein.

AnnieSureshot

Likewise, dude, likewise. :lol:
I still have no clue why you're talking about anyone jumping ranks, because I've never mentioned anything in that vein.
The person to whom I responded in my first post said were better off with mathieu than mascherano for the clasico. This is how this conversation started.

Home of Barca Fans