14 - Javier Mascherano

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Well 2 more days before CL matches. If nothing happened till then it's Barca B for the season!

Barcafan 2304

Very disappointing if recent reports are true. Just dont understand why Pep would think Mascherano and Ozil are not for us, given the likely price tags (which are affordable and good value) and the fact we dont have strength in depth

KluivertsBoots

I can understand no Ozil, but Mascherano is a practical signing. I don't see why the club would turn down the chance to do an easy deal for one of the best DMs in the world. It looks like this will be the case. We would have closed the deal last week if we wanted it.

I think the team is complete if a DM is signed.

nebeer

Love is All
If we don't sign Masch or any other DM, (right now Mash is the best option) I would have to say it would be taking a huge huge risk...Pep would shock me if he didn't buy a player like Masch which seems like such an easy deal...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
seems like club is actually looking for a def. mid but not Masch because Liverpool seem to be not willing to budge much regarding their valuation of Masch... I understand our club backing off if we are asked to pay the 25m that Masch is being valued at by pool

I believe the possible bid of 'Hleb + 15m for Masch' is a total trash rumor

nebeer

Love is All
A DM of Mash's class could cost us about 25 mil. In an attempt to save merely 3/4 millions, not going for such needed players can be way more costly...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
25 is only an estimated guess making rounds in the media but it might actually be more like 32 as in the case of Yaya Toure would be my argument for that nebeer

Also a class player valued that high would most likely not want to be a bench-warmer at the peak stage of his career. Yeah we can easily come up with various formations & rotation mantra but like I explained few pages back, Pep is not so flexible.

I guess we might be in for a signing resembling the Maxwell or Adriano ones...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Probably means the player is definitely moving as Mascherano has been left out of the squadlist for Liverpool's Europa encounter with Trabzonspor tomorrow

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Why? It seems that all of the DM's we're following are not even in the CL.

They don't have to play in the CL to be cup-tied, they can play in any other European competition including the Supercup match and still get cup-tied.

Probably means the player is definitely moving as Mascherano has been left out of the squadlist for Liverpool's Europa encounter with Trabzonspor tomorrow

It could just be a precautionary thing, in case he leaves...if he was cup-tied his value would go down...doesn't mean he's definitely leaving Liverpool

Home of Barca Fans