11 - Raphinha

Rory

Would only choose Raphinha based on availability, Dembele being injured for half the season means even if he was prime Messi it would be annoying as fuck.

Dembele when fit is twice the winger Raphinha is in the system we want to play though.

JamDav1982

When Dembele is injured it is all about poor Xavi as lost due to major injuries and has to play Raphinha.

Then same folk argue Raphinha is better shortly after.

Can’t make it up.

Silly stuff.

OVI9323

Raphinha stats better than Dembele so even if we have the "sensation" that Dembele is way better, i'd not say so... Yes, Dembele is quickier and has more dribbling skill but shooting wise and in term of being important for the team. Raphinha was more important and it was his first season here.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Not much between Raphinha and Dembele, both are good players short of top-class level. The difference between them is purely in terms of style. If I had to pick just one of them, I'd pick Raphinha.

Both are comfortably among the best 5-6 players of the current Barca team and by far the best wingers we have.
Agreed. Raphinha really wants to play for Barca and, for me, that means a lot. I reckon that he could have a breakthrough season this year, if he remains calm and doesn't try and force it. Xavi needs to put an arm around him and tell him that he trusts him.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
There's no alternative to Raphinha. Anyone hoping and betting on Dembele after all these years must be living under a rock.
The question of Dembele's abilities vs Raphinha's abilities doesn't even come into consideration if the former isn't available to actually display them most of the time.
Less said about Ferran the better. So, going into the season we have Lewa and Raphinha as reliable forwards right now with Abde and maybe Ansu as auxiliaries.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
They'll only sell if they get a big offer for him or he's in a swap deal. As you rightly say, we don't have many options.

JamDav1982

Xavi rates Dembele above Raphinha clearly. Barca were never going to sell him if Dembele could leave in July for 25m.
If Dembele had renewed then club would have been open to Raphinha leaving.

Not even convinced this will lead to Raph being undisputed starter on right. If Barca go for Cancelo it could go way of Balde/Cancelo wider in some kind of 3-6-1 formation and the four in midfield.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans