11 - Raphinha

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wouldnt trust Gerard Romero or the DailyMail too much, but something seems to be moving at least.

https://twitter.com/JacobsBen/status/1546251081302286336
@JacobsBen

Can confirm Leeds and Barcelona have finally reached an agreement this evening for Raphinha. My understanding is the €50 million + 10 fee is incorrect (Leeds rejected that offer quite some time ago) and the deal is actually worth close to €75 million.

Gerard Romero has arguably been the most reliable reporter in Europe this summer.

Dude made a comeback out of nowhere after being a clown for years.

Yannik

Gerard Romero has arguably been the most reliable reporter in Europe this summer.

Dude made a comeback out of nowhere after being a clown for years.

No way. He said De Jong to United was 95% done, Szoboszlai would go to Sociedad and that Neymar’s return was a certainty

DonAK

No way. He said De Jong to United was 95% done, Szoboszlai would go to Sociedad and that Neymar’s return was a certainty

He said Real Sociedad wanted Szoboszlai, don't think he ever said it was done. He also did not say Neymar was returning, don't know where you even got that from. He said that if Xavi was asked if he would want Neymar back he would say yes, but that Barca were unlikely to make a move.

Will give you the Frenkie one, but who's been better? Romano is just a scrub copying others nowadays.

Yannik

He said Real Sociedad wanted Szoboszlai, don't think he ever said it was done.

https://twitter.com/gerardromero/status/1530260928033341440

Dominik Szoboszlai, the Hungarian player for Leipzig, will arrive in San Sebastian this weekend to become a new player for La Real

but who's been better?

I mean I'd very much just wait out for British T1 sources to confirm this. Even here there seem to journalists contradicting Romero on the fee, of which he said was already agreed last week while in England they say that offer was rejected..

Last edited:

DonAK

https://twitter.com/gerardromero/status/1530260928033341440

Dominik Szoboszlai, the Hungarian player for Leipzig, will arrive in San Sebastian this weekend to become a new player for La Real

Where's the Neymar one then?

Still don't see anyone else that's been better for a club. No one will have a 100% success rate.

He was not wrong about de Jong either as Barca and Man Utd have been negotiating for a long time, but he definitely jumped the gun and probably assumed Frenkie would be open to leaving which he isn't :lol:

serghei

75m is a bit over the top. I hope it's less than that, or at least the variables are of the very hard-to-activate types.

Joan

75m for a slightly above average winger who's a complete uncertainty at high level? I'd pass.

jamrock

Zero percent chance dembele benches him, if for nothing else that he knows how to track back unlike dembele.

That's just one of many things he's better at, dembele as pure pace on him that's it.

Yannik

Where's the Neymar one then?

it was actually 2019 so I stand corrected on that one.

I'd simply wait for British press to confirm the sale, before I'd trust Romero or the Spanish press. He seems total hit or miss, the bit about having agreed a 60m deal last week also seems to be something he insists on which, once again, everyone else disagrees with him.

xXKonan

I'd back Yannik most of the time when it comes to Romero but the guy somehow got an inside guy again and has been very reliable for us at least since Laporta took office.

Joan

No chance. Dembele can hardly score. This guy will bag in 18-20ish goals per season in the league.

He scored 13 non penalty goals across two seasons for Leeds in the league (65 matches). 20ish goals would take quick adaptation and a major step up from his current level.

Dembele is a terrible finisher and everything but a complete winger. He was, on the other hand, our main creative outlet last season and we suffered without him. Depends on all the changes we make. Both players and roles. But if Raphinha doesn't deliver in that regard, wouldn't be surprised if Dembele took over.

Home of Barca Fans