11 - Raphinha

Porque

Who asked?

tenor.gif

khaled_a_d

Midfield is the area you push a player out, not attack or defense.
There is a day and light difference between our attack with and without Raphinha, he is our best attacker right now with a good margin.
More importantly he improves both Midfield and Attack, a midfield behind a stagnated attack is worthless, and Raphinha help the defenders a lot. His skillset is essential to the entire team dynamics than people realize.
We are essentially surrendering next season if we sell him.
And the whole we should sell him is solely based on "we can sell him, but not Frenkie" which is a pure speculation. Obe is under contract for next 3 years, the other is for only another 2 and we are yet to extend.

serghei

Midfield is the area you push a player out, not attack or defense.
There is a day and light difference between our attack with and without Raphinha, he is our best attacker right now with a good margin.
More importantly he improves both Midfield and Attack, a midfield behind a stagnated attack is worthless, and Raphinha help the defenders a lot. His skillset is essential to the entire team dynamics than people realize.
We are essentially surrendering next season if we sell him.
And the whole we should sell him is solely based on "we can sell him, but not Frenkie" which is a pure speculation. Obe is under contract for next 3 years, the other is for only another 2 and we are yet to extend.

You're wasting your breath. Most of the posters here think Yamal is the better player. :lol:

serghei

He is not for sale. I would rather get rid of that bum FRENKIE DE JONG.
Another cardio merchant.

First, is there a major reason to sell anyone important? Who is not already registered going into next season. Any key member of the team?

You have to basically be forced to sell someone important in order to do it. If you can bring in Bernardo Silva, as in 100% bring in him in, you can maybe try to sell Frenkie.

You should also thread lightly with Frenkie, especially if he flat out doesn't want to leave. He might get pissed at the club and run his contract down, leaving as a free agent in 2026.

jamrock

First, is there a major reason to sell anyone important? Who is not already registered going into next season. Any key member of the team?
I think if we don't raise cash, we will have issues with registering players like gavi, who was registered on a technicality and roque, plus if we want to sign anyone new.

It's either sell or get cash from elsewhere.

Midfield and de jong is the best place to sell from for many reasons.

serghei

I think if we don't raise cash, we will have issues with registering players like gavi, who was registered on a technicality and roque, plus if we want to sign anyone new.

It's either sell or get cash from elsewhere.

Midfield and de jong is the best place to sell from for many reasons.

Loan Roque is also an option. He's very young, might be tempted to play more someplace else and come back after a year.

Gavi for sure not registered for next season?

Total-Football

Irrespective of where you stand with Raphinha’s Barça future, the irrefutable is that his transfer stock continues to rise which is ideal from club’s perspective

Me, he’s been terrific on the left mostly due to his workrate and unselfishness - the G/As are a byproduct regardless of where he plays. But, FFP

His transfer value makes it nearly impossible not to cash in if FDJ is going nowhere even though the Brasilian likely has zero desire to exit, Deco presumably will be a catalyst to generate FFP room in his departure

1 or 2 sizable transfers have to happen amongst Jules, Andreas, Raphinha, Ferran & FDJ If the club intends to target 1 or 2 key additions in summer between an interior, DM & LW

Frenkie is unlikely to move, Raph brings highest fee, then Jules et al. I’d keep Andreas if possible and even Torres. Jules is now commanding in the RB setup but he’s better centrally and isn’t likely to be happy platooning there longterm + club has to generate money from sales

Only other wildcard might be Mats but
So barca has to sell raphinha to buy players (which turns out to be duds 90% of the time in our club recent years ). What's the rationale here ? Lewa is old and Torres is not good enough. Makes no sense to sell a good player just to buy "potentially good players". I would rather sign no one than sell just for the sake of buying. I don't trust the sporting direction at the club at all. At least we have something sure here.

serghei

So barca has to sell raphinha to buy players (which turns out to be duds 90% of the time in our club recent years ). What's the rationale here ? Lewa is old and Torres is not good enough. Makes no sense to sell a good player just to buy "potentially good players". I would rather sign no one than sell just for the sake of buying. I don't trust the sporting direction at the club at all. At least we have something sure here.

True, complete logical brain-fart. If the guy is good enough to step into a key match and be man of the match against PSG away in a CL quarterfinal, that means he is one to count on under pressure, not sell.

I mean did anyone else at Barca score a double away at this level since Suarez and Neymar in 2015?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I do agree @jamrock and the truth is that it is hard to not be impressed both by the player’s recent form but the work rate as well - he is tireless and that is essential in any winning side

Still, FFP is a reality - I think DM target alone means someone has to go

serghei

DM target is not worth selling your best winger for. It's not like you sell Raphinha and sign Rodri. Just doesn't make sense.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Frenkie's contract runs out in two years. There is not a more ideal player to sell than him.

It gotta be Frenkie, Inigo Martinez and Ferran Torres IMO.

If you can get 80m for Frenkie and 30-40m for Ferran and whatever for Inigo while La Liga relax some of their rules this season which they're reportedly considering then we'd be in a good position to get a CDM + possibly Bernardo Silva with his 50m release clause.

If we're extra lucky with the pending income from Camp Nou or getting far in the CL then perhaps a LW becomes realistic too.

Home of Barca Fans