11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Honestly speaking dembele has been more snakey than Neymar was. I hope he doesn't jump ship on barca in a few years..

He seems to be a diehard barca fan which gives me hope but Parisian money may tempt him

Potroh

Agree with a lot of it except for Dembele not being a good fit and di Maria being a better fit.

So that means we don't really agree, ultimately...:worthy:
I think Dembele could be a good fit (just as I said earlier) but for that the midfield should definitely change.

Through my tactical eyes, Dembele is closer to the young Messi, but Barca's present system needs no two Messi-type players.
In the MSN, Messi was like Messi, Suarez the tank and executioner, while Neymar was the most unpredictable absorption. The 3 of them well substituted each other and with a Dembele-type, it wouldn't be as obvious.

IMHO, Di Maria is still closer to the ex-MSN requirements, but what I tried to point out was extremely high expectations toward a 150M player, for which Dembele needs to be really outstanding, but I'm not sure he can necessarily fulfill that.
Let's see...

montero19

You just cant justify buying player who is not world class yet for 145m, yes, psg did bought neymar for 220, but let compare what they got and what will barca have, psg in neymar has player who is top 3 in the world, probably best marketing player by far out there, dembele? 20 year old potential who can become world class or maybe finish like robinho
Some people just can't stop complaining. *Sighs

BBZ8800

So that means we don't really agree, ultimately...:worthy:
I think Dembele could be a good fit (just as I said earlier) but for that the midfield should definitely change.

Through my tactical eyes, Dembele is closer to the young Messi, but Barca's present system needs no two Messi-type players.
In the MSN, Messi was like Messi, Suarez the tank and executioner, while Neymar was the most unpredictable absorption. The 3 of them well substituted each other and with a Dembele-type, it wouldn't be as obvious.

IMHO, Di Maria is still closer to the ex-MSN requirements, but what I tried to point out was extremely high expectations toward a 150M player, for which Dembele needs to be really outstanding, but I'm not sure he can necessarily fulfill that.
Let's see...

We don't need a new MSN

dillinja

According to l'equipe, 105 fixed + 40 in variables. a part of the variables are automatic, the rest depends on the player's performances. So most likely something like 125+20 variables.

Lots of people in this thread insulted BvB and were mad at them when they were just doing what's best for themselves. I actually congratulate them for their shrewd negotiating skills, they totally schooled our board.

If he's announced tomorrow, can he play against Alaves?

According to l'equipe, 105 fixed + 40 in variables. a part of the variables are automatic, the rest depends on the player's performances. So most likely something like 125+20 variables.

Lots of people in this thread insulted BvB and were mad at them when they were just doing what's best for themselves. I actually congratulate them for their shrewd negotiating skills, they totally schooled our board.

Automatic variables? Wut.

I'm guessing it's just a ~125m fixed fee split into installments of 105+20. And then 20m in variables on top of that.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I doubt all the paperwork will be done in time for that and even if it is he can't just play with a. New team without training first surely? Also he hasn't trained for weeks.

gr98

I'm guessing it's just a ~125m fixed fee split into 105+20 installments. And then 20m in variables on top of that.

I think he'll make his debut in the derby against Espanyol, he hasn't trained in 2 weeks also.

Garrus

I'm guessing it's just a ~125m fixed fee split into 105+20 installments. And then 20m in variables on top of that.
Nope, He'll be presented on monday, That's 4 days of now.
Also he hasn't trained for two weeks, He's in no condition at the moment to play anyway, He might be able to get a few minutes against espanyol at camp nou two weeks from now

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I'm guessing it's just a ~125m fixed fee split into installments of 105+20. And then 20m in variables on top of that.

Of course he can't. He hasn't trained for a couple of weeks and he can't start instantly in a crucial away game like that, considering he has no synergy with the team whatsoever.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Dembele and Semedo are quality young players. More like that and Umtiti please. Dembele deal ain't outstanding in any way, but at least the player is talented and has best in the world potential.

I know he is one of the hottest of young talents right now, but I wonder where that expectation/potential came from?

Yannik

Today there were also rumours about BVB negotiating with Bordeaux for Malcom, so it seems all very likely.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
As much as we are unhappy with Barca spending this much, it could hardly be helped after Qatar state bought themselves Neymar and fucked up the market. Granted, we should have had him sign higher release clause but that problem was here before this board.

Home of Barca Fans