11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Yannik

[tw]893531330641833984[/tw]

Says we are accelerating for him and is set to agree personal terms with us.

well, that's still far away from an agreement. Barca also agreed personal terms with Coutinho, and probably also Verratti, but it's usually the selling club that is the obstacle.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This personal terms thingy, isn't it supposed to be illegal? Aren't we supposed to talk to the club first (so I was told by people during the N$ymar saga)?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You might be right. He does attempt some difficult passes and succeeds at doing so, but it's certanly possible that he also fucked up some of the actually easy ones and I just didn't notice it. HIs decision making is definitely lacking.

I agree that the profile might not be everyones cup of tea. Previously players circlejerked here, have all had playmaker traits. Coutinho and Bernardo Silva for wingers as an example. Other famous examples of such players are Ribery or Hazard. Dembele is not that, he's really just the classic pacy winger type that plays wide out, looks for 1on1s, searches the quick ways to the goal etc and in the progress therefor also doesn't always go with the more sensible solution to achieve that.
But for this profile and especially at that age, his passing is actually pretty good. I'd say that although he clearly isn't a playmaker, it's not completely out of reach for him to get those traits one day. Neymar also improved his passing greatly at Barca.

That reminds me of Kingsley Coman. Don't know if that is good or bad. :wacko:

I see people really have high/hyped hopes on him and I just hope they will not be too disappointed if he doesn't turn out to be great or impactful right away.

Yannik

This personal terms thingy, isn't it supposed to be illegal? Aren't we supposed to talk to the club first (so I was told by people during the N$ymar saga)?

You can't approach a player directly without the clubs permission. If you do, you get fined by the UEFA, possibly even get banned from signing players.
But of course with only 7 billion people populating this small planet, there's always the possibility of a random encounter between a club delegate and a player's representive who both fancy eating in the same restaurant.. and at the same table.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You can't approach a player directly without the clubs permission. If you do, you get fined by the UEFA, possibly even get banned from signing players.
But of course with only 7 billion people populating this small planet, there's always the possibility of a random encounter between a club delegate and a player's representive who both fancy eating in the same restaurant.. and at the same table.

So essentially a rule that is wholesales-ly ignored?

Yannik

That reminds me of Kingsley Coman. Don't know if that is good or bad. :wacko:

Nah nah, Coman is a one-trick pony, Dembele is way above that. Coman does JUST that, what I desribed in the previous comment. Running down the wings, crossing.
Dembele actually offers a lot more on the pitch, he can drop deep or centrally and he can indeed also play a fine through ball if he finds the space and opportunity to do so. He has carried Dortmund over large periods during last winter and even in CL. Coman on the other hand only plays well, when everyone plays well anyway. Their impact is not comparable, I can assure you.

I meant that if we had to classify Dembélé then this classic winger type, is the closest stigma that fits him. In reality however, it's not only black & white. He does that, and he does a little bit of that other thing aswell. He isn't glued to the wing, he also drops centrally at times. Or even helps in the build up. And he's dangerous in front of goal.

There is a reasonable concern that he might not be "the one" that fills the Neymar void. He is imo worldclass, but at the same time still raw. Let's call that the Dybala-phenomen.
But also he's the best at his age, so it's the best chance you have unless you want to wait for the transfer window.

So essentially a rule that is wholesales-ly ignored?

Exactly.

Last edited:

Devils

7drHiqr.gif

Home of Barca Fans