11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

jamrock

The same pep that wanted Alexis at Man City, didn't pep say himself say the biggest issue he had with Alexis at Barca is that in order to get the best from Sanchez he would have to play him down the middle which he couldn't at Barca?.

There isn't a player in the world pep couldn't improve, he is one of the GOATS.

Dembele would be looking like a star under him.

MagIX

T

in this case for his own good then I hope he goes to MCity, so he will win the Ballon d'Or since so far
here he's a black hole and not a shining star.

...always hoping, of course, that he doesn't end up like Götze under Pep (another star who should have won the Ballon d'Or under Pep.....).

serghei

Pep wasn't able to improve IQ of Alexis.
Why do you think that he could be successful in this case?

Alexis played only 1 season under Guardiola, his first at Barcelona. If I remember correctly, he even got injured after a good start, at Sociedad.

gasgas

Pep wasn't able to improve IQ of Alexis.
Why do you think that he could be successful in this case?

alexis played well under pep.
he was a bit hampered by injuries but did well.

i remember him scoring in both el classicos in his first season, some good curlers, brace vs leverkusen etc

his second season was bad though towards the end he showed improvement

gregorrin10

Ousmane Dembélé wasn’t actually late for the training today, but yet he was the last player to enter the training ground. [cuatro]

The media running a propaganda against Dembele...things aren't nearly as bad as they're trying to present. It's especially painful to read it from Catalan media, which is often. Madrid and the ones from abroad writing about it is reasonable to expect, but seeing the Catalan media always writing bad things about him, putting him under even more pressure, it's just not cool. I mean yeah, they're vultures and sell their words for a living, but you would think they would want for the kid to succeed in their own local club, and stop it with the media hate and documenting every wrong thing he does all the time. It's getting ridiculous at this point, really.

xXKonan

He actually showed up 20 mins early to training today.

That last part by Cuatro is just pure nitpicking at it's finest.

gregorrin10

He actually showed up 20 mins early to training today.

That last part by Cuatro is just pure nitpicking at it's finest.

Exactly. Like seriously, who cares if he stepped onto the pitch last, one of the players was gonna do that anyway. It's not like he was late getting out of the locker room because he was playing FIFA in there, wtf? But it's reporting like this that pisses me off and create a much bigger deal than it actually is...and then you add the ever present panic button that is Barca forum, and you have a hot mess on your hands here.

xXKonan

Exactly. Like seriously, who cares if he stepped onto the pitch last, one of the players was gonna do that anyway. It's not like he was late getting out of the locker room because he was playing FIFA in there, wtf? But it's reporting like this that pisses me off and create a much bigger deal than it actually is...and then you add the ever present panic button that is Barca forum, and you have a hot mess on your hands here.
Catalan media will probably get off his back if he keeps showing up early and works hard on the field and stuff.

I mean to them it's all about optics, if he can show that he's working hard in training and in games they will give him some leeway off field. I mean we have dudes in this squad in the past and present who did shit far worse than Dembele did off pitch but if he shows commitment he will get a lot of leeway.

CatalinR10

Ousmane Dembélé wasn’t actually late for the training today, but yet he was the last player to enter the training ground. [cuatro]

giphy.gif

BBZ8800

Yet somehow Pep still wanted to sign him for City, weird if he is such a bad fit for his style because of low IQ right?

Or Pep is virtually buying every decent player to have 25 world class players and to weaken his direct league opponents, since his club is both dirty in terms of morale and filthy rich?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I haven't seen any reliable outlet reporting Pep want to sign him?

Also Pep can improve every player, but only the players he want. He has no time for players that don't buy into his vision and what he want. He usually is swift at getting rid of those players.

Had Pep been the Barcelona manager right out half of our squad would probably be out or have their asses kicked into playing with a higher intensity.

Raketa10

The same pep that wanted Alexis at Man City, didn't pep say himself say the biggest issue he had with Alexis at Barca is that in order to get the best from Sanchez he would have to play him down the middle which he couldn't at Barca?.

Pep would never sign a player who is acting so unprofessionally.

Tekkers

Would love to see him play under Pep. All parties win in this deal: Barca recoups their money and gets to play whatever style of football they think they're playing; Man City get one of the most promising young talents in world football today; and Dembele gets to play under a great manager who'll develop him like Tuchel did in Dortmund.

I'd also finally have a team to root for in the EPL

Home of Barca Fans