11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Kul_z

More talented than Mbappe?

I hope you're right. Mbappe already is world class, a generational talent (as people like to say on this forum).

Exactly, and that is something that i dont like about mbappe, he's speed merchant with head down mostly, and already 'free', but dembouz got something unpredictable in him and looks like its just a matter of time when he would break loose. And thats something i'm looking forward to

henias

Mbappe reminds me of someone like Rashford, who is physically strong and fast, good at shooting with power but they arent good with tight spaces and arent as creative. Mbappe tend to play with his head down alot and just drives the ball without any smart intent.

ATLBarcaFan

Kid is an unbelievable talent, but not quite a finished product. I can't believe EV took him out last night, I though he could have really given Sevilla fits on the break as they pressed for the tying goal. I love what he and Semedo provide together, their speed and skill can give opponents fits.

Laplacian

[tw]1029133643330068482[/tw]

:VdB:

BBZ: Too much smoke! Clearly the objective facts are...wait, what? You're telling me tabloids change their narratives depending on the circumstances? If Dembele performs there aren't any rumors, and if he has a disappointing performance there'll be rumors? Are you telling me tabloids are just taking advantage of us football fans? Nonsense, they must know what's going on and the reason they finally changed their shtick was because their insider told them Barca's board has changed their minds about Dembele!

Last edited:

Devils

A paradigm barcaforum member made a video highlighting the situation of Dembele over the summer and sheds light on the huge potential impact of Dembele in the upcoming season.

[tw]1029364173954842624[/tw]

Incredible accuracy and articulation.

xXKonan

He was a easy target for these Catalan journalists.

His fee was massive, he suffered a bad injury which kept him out for months and despite some good performances here after he got back they still targeted him and the worst part is you have some Barca fans who truly believe, Dembele is some Party, Fast food eating animal that comes off as ungrateful despite providing little evidence to back up their claims.

It was funny seeing Gerard Romero's comment a couple of days ago on why the club was thinking of selling him. The whole came off as some gossip level shit that not even MD or Sport were talking about or any other Catalan sources were saying.

Even if there's people in the Board that are interested in a big offer for Dembele. You can't force him to leave without his approval and Valverde made it clear he wants him to stay. The only reason Paulinho left is because he want to go back to China.

Dembele is his own man, yeah he enjoyed playing under Tuchel and is good friends with Mbappe but Dembele made it clear a week ago that he wants to stay and be a Legend here.

krakdol

Yes, as a French fan I can confirm Dembele loves Barcelona and there's zero chance he leaves anytime soon... I doubt Barcelona board ever thought about selling him either, it wouldn't make sense at all after splashing so much money, especially when Dembele showed multiple encouraging signs of adapting.

What is true is he may be sometimes a bit shy like very young players usually are. Injuries didn't help him either. Barcelona slow style of play isn't a perfect fit either.

But in terms of raw talent and potential, no young player outside Mbappe is matching him. Both are incredible players, nobody else comes close as young players... Mbappe just grew faster last year due to Dembele injuries and lack of playing time, but I think Dembele will be on his level or better if given ample playing time and confidence.

Barcelona should sometimes play a more direct and fast football though, they'd benefit greatly with players like Dembele or Coutinho.

And VV shouldn't ask Dembele to become something he's not like a midfield or a basic winger, that's not where you'll get the best from him. You must do a bit like Tuchel did at Dortmund and let him relatively free to create, that's where you see the real Dembele, the one who kills games all by himself, like he did last game.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
That pass he gave to Messi to set him up for a shot inside the box was excellent. Even though the shot was blocked, Messi actually had space to do something with the ball. Messi needs to receive such passes and not the usual nonsense passes in the DM area surrounded by three opponent players. Dembele possesses great vision. Him and Coutinho are easily our best playmakers after Messi. They need to play in every game.

BerkeleyBernie

That pass he gave to Messi to set him up for a shot inside the box was excellent. Even though the shot was blocked, Messi actually had space to do something with the ball. Messi needs to receive such passes and not the usual nonsense passes in the DM area surrounded by three opponent players. Dembele possesses great vision. Him and Coutinho are easily our best playmakers after Messi. They need to play in every game.

I'd rather see Alba cutting inside and holding back and Dembele overlapping down the wing. He'd be far more effective 1v1 against the fullback defenders.

Home of Barca Fans