11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Laplacian

Team need to adapt to his ingenuity too. He creates chances from fuckall and then the teammates aren’t in adequate positions.

But for that to happen he needs to play consistently.

It's hilarious seeing that so many times these past few games. "Oh he's running, he gonna lose it...oh..oh..oh he lost it SHIT THE BALLS COMING FOR ME..dammit out of bounds." He even managed to catch Messi off guard in that villareal game.

Joan

It's hilarious seeing that so many times these past few games. "Oh he's running, he gonna lose it...oh..oh..oh he lost it SHIT THE BALLS COMING FOR ME..dammit out of bounds." He even managed to catch Messi off guard in that villareal game.

This is true. I always think he's gonna lose it. He often does, but sometimes creates things out of thin air.

JamDav1982

Team need to adapt to his ingenuity too. He creates chances from fuckall and then the teammates aren’t in adequate positions.

But for that to happen he needs to play consistently.

He is the one that needs to adapt more than team to him.

No one has a clue what he will do when gets ball. Not sure he does either.

M

MessiCam

He is the one that needs to adapt more than team to him.

No one has a clue what he will do when gets ball. Not sure he does either.
I didn’t say anything different other than it’s a two way thing.

And being unpredictable while effective is very much an asset. He said himself in an interview earlier in the year that he doesn’t know what he’ll do. When you have his type of body feints, speed, dribbling ability and final ball then that’s to be expected.

If he plays more the adaptation will take care of itself but apparently he is going loan instead of Suárez being sold.

JamDav1982

I didn’t say anything different other than it’s a two way thing.

And being unpredictable while effective is very much an asset. He said himself in an interview earlier in the year that he doesn’t know what he’ll do. When you have his type of body feints, speed, dribbling ability and final ball then that’s to be expected.

If he plays more the adaptation will take care of itself but apparently he is going loan instead of Suárez being sold.

Obviously he needs to find a balance and cant lose all the unpredictability but there is a time and a place for it and system to do it in.

At moment he almost exclusively plays his own game. Which can be very hit or miss.

Shouldnt be out on loan. Better selling him than that.

M

MessiCam

Obviously he needs to find a balance and cant lose all the unpredictability but there is a time and a place for it and system to do it in.

At moment he almost exclusively plays his own game. Which can be very hit or miss.

Shouldnt be out on loan. Better selling him than that.

How do you expect him to learn and temper his craft to a system when he doesn’t play?

He needs to work on his pressing which is laborious and needs game time.

Loaning him doesn’t solve anything I agree. Better a sale.

It’s still frustrating knowing that he will be shown the door before a player who is in clear decline for which the coach significantly changed the tactics earlier in the season. It’s bordering on the absurd...

JamDav1982

How do you expect him to learn and temper his craft to a system when he doesn’t play?

He needs to work on his pressing which is laborious and needs game time.

Longing him doesn’t solve anything I agree. Better a sale.

It’s still frustrating knowing that he will be shown the door before a player who is in clear decline for which the coach significantly changed the tactics earlier in the season. It’s bordering on the absurd...

He has played for most part and to be honest no looked to have changed much other than get better as an individual. Still early doors though.

Agree Suarez should be sold but he wont be.

Valverde never changed the tactics for Suarez though.

Trickykid

Infuriatingly frustrating and ridiculously fun in equal measures for me. You can easily spot the extreme talent, but it's impossible to say whether he'll ever be able to fully realize it. Time is on his side, though, and I'll be all sorts of fucking angry if we offload him this soon.

M

MessiCam

He has played for most part and to be honest no looked to have changed much other than get better as an individual. Still early doors though.

Agree Suarez should be sold but he wont be.

Valverde never changed the tactics for Suarez though.

Of course he did. He went 4-4-2 because Suárez couldn’t hack it as a left inside forward after the first few games. Hopefully that’s a thing if the past.

Early yet for Dembélé as you say so his individuality shouldn’t be a concer.

serghei

Infuriatingly frustrating and ridiculously fun in equal measures for me. You can easily spot the extreme talent, but it's impossible to say whether he'll ever be able to fully realize it. Time is on his side, though, and I'll be all sorts of fucking angry if we offload him this soon.

Yea, same here. If he doesn't become one of the best 5 players in the world at least, then it's down to one or more character flaws.

JamDav1982

Of course he did. He went 4-4-2 because Suárez couldn’t hack it as a left inside forward after the first few games. Hopefully that’s a thing if the past.

Early yet for Dembélé as you say so his individuality shouldn’t be a concer.

No he didnt.

Could just as easily say he changed it for Messi who wont play RW.

Suarez being a CF and not being able to play LW is not changing formation by playing him up top... it is just not having anyone who can play LW.

If there is no one to play LW that is not Suarez fault.

M

MessiCam

He doesn't play? Since when?

Has he played consistently since his return from injury? There were games when he performed only to find himself on the bench for a few games straight.

That he is now playing after the dust has settled shouldn’t distract from Valverde’s treatment of him over the course of the season.

Home of Barca Fans