11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

xXKonan

Lol when people think Griezmann is a natural winger or midfielder. Pathetic.
Indeed, it's like people don't watch him at all.

He's a great player but he's not a Winger nor a Midfielder. If we stick a front three of Griez,Suarez,Messi where's the Width going to come from? Certainly isn't Messi and you can't rely so much on the Fullbacks to be the ones to do so.

We had problems a lot this season because we lacked a proper winger like Dembele, someone who can not only provide width but someone who has the pace and technical ability beat their marker out wide and cause pure havoc.

Under Simeone he's played up top in a 4-4-2, Deschamps used him a #10/SS role behind the likes of Giroud. the last time he played any winger role if I remember correctly was at Real Sociedad and even people realize that's wasting his true abilities out wide.

Griezmann has played wide or at CAM in the past.

It's not a position foreign to him...

I watched Dembele in the nil nil draw on his return from injury, he gave away the ball needlessy and couldn't cross a ball to save his life.

Come on he's the third most expensive transfer of all time he needs to bring more to the table if he wants to start. The coach has given chances to impress and he hasn't.

He came to the club too soon. He has potential everyone knows that but with Atletico catching up we can't afford any more slip ups. has never played in Spain like Griezmann I think he should go out on loan for the good of him because I want him to do well, I want him to do what he was bought in o do, but let's be totally real here his first season so far is an immense flop

Still, that isn't a position that he's best at.

Roberto's best position is at CM but he has to play right back.

Players need to adapt to the team system and what the coach wants even if it's not to their preference.

So many players had to accomodate Messi in Barca's earlier years now less so by it's worth it for the results it brings.

Co0ter

He is 20 and very promising. He missed 8 weeks then 4-5 weeks of the season. Do you expect him to be in top form after a few appearances? Some of you don't live anywhere near reality. Then you want to loan him out INSTEAD of playing him consistently to be integrated into the team and get into form. I mean, just lol.

On top of It, you want to bring in Griezeman who spends 50% of the season out of form (weird?!) and is a ghost in almost every big match he's ever played...exactly the opposite of what we need. We NEED big game players, perhaps a young talented one who can become a big game player vs one that is in his prime and has never shown up.

henias

Roberto's best position is at CM but he has to play right back.

Players need to adapt to the team system and what the coach wants even if it's not to their preference.

So many players had to accomodate Messi in Barca's earlier years now less so by it's worth it for the results it brings.

Yeah, but Roberto struggles at that position defensively and under pressure as well. Lucho had no choice but had to play him there.

Just that when u have better options, then go for the best options, it's delusional think Griezmann will be better than Dembele at his position. Give the kid a solid run of games then start talking.

M

MessiCam

Griezmann has played wide or at CAM in the past.

It's not a position foreign to him

So has Suárez for Ajax. He was a left wing... We should stick him out wide then. It would help Alba’s workload an awful lot.

Last edited:
All I msaying is Griezmann is a player who can score 4 goals in one game.

Dembele is yet to score in any comp for Barcelona.

As for the Suarez point he can play wide so did ibra. But not that much, Griezmann has played wide more than you guys think I don't have the stats but it's alot.

I have seen nothing from Dembele to suggest to me he has good footballing intelligence someone like Rooney had, Iniesta has and Coutinho has too.

Co0ter

He scored 7 goals the last 2 games and he has 15 goals in La Liga this season I believe. He scored three the first half of the season. Does that make him more consistent than a 20 year old? Most importantly he does not show up in any big games. What huge CL games, and AM have been in plenty the past several years, did he actually play well in, have an impact in?

M

MessiCam

As for the Suarez point he can play wide so did ibra. But not that much, Griezmann has played wide more than you guys think I don't have the stats but it's alot.

I have seen nothing from Dembele to suggest to me he has good footballing intelligence someone like Rooney had, Iniesta has and Coutinho has too.
Suárez was a natural winger in his early days.

Coutinho has played more minutes than Dembélé but yet Dembele has been more dangerous in attack. It’s not even close too.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...673/0/p#key_passes/assists/chances_created#90

Coutinho just tackles better but he also loses the ball more often than Dembélé.

So how can you say that Dembélé lacks the football intelligence that Coutinho has while playing less minutes and coming off pretty serious injuries?

It sounds to me like people on this board have made their mind up about Dembélé long before he’s even had a run of games.

BigBarcaBoy

Dembele has hardly played yet you are questioning him based on very little evidence, give him a chance

M

MessiCam

Yeah I don't rate him at all tbh and the coach may feel the same. It's up to him to prove me wrong and impress

Ah. Finally... Now wasn’t that a weight off your shoulders.

Now we can get to who has been better between Dembélé and Coutinho...

Edit: And the coach would be a fool in that case because he is letting personal feelings in when Dembélé has just been better than all of Vidal, Gomes, Paulinho, Paco and Coutinho.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans