11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
[tw]709299536179695616[/tw]

[tw]709376091669045248[/tw]

I heard that his contract expires next year? If he really wants to join us he could refuse to extend with Rennes and he walks for free. Of course there is a risk of Bayern or City, especially the latter outbidding us and getting him in the end.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Passing statistics can be pretty misleading.

Agree ,stats in general can be misleading . that is why the 1st 4 words in my post was "I hate using stats"

A team can generally have fewer possession percentages, thus total passes can fatally drop. If we wanted to draw a conclussion, then we should compare his total passes to those of his teammates.

That is exactly I used stats in comparison to his teammates not to Barca players/prospects or even other players in the league .
Again,hasn't watched him and he just saying that stats seem to support the things we see in the videos which he doesn't seem like the brightest kid when it comes to passing . Obviously those who watch him regularly (if anyone here watch Rennes regularly) could enlighten us about it.

Keep in mind, he is young and is often subbed off or subbed on. If you play 60 minutes instead of 90 minutes, or 10 minutes at the end of a game, its normal that you have fewer passes per game than players who play 90 minutes.

It is very worrying if we can no longer buy the best young players in the world though. We see that people already live in fantasy land thinking we can buy great players for dirt cheap while constantly bemoaning the "inflated market". The market is not going to change and it will only get more expensive, so we better move with the times.

1-That is what Pass accuracy for .also he is ranked 8th in the players with most minutes in the team
2-We have never been the biggest spender in the market . But in most cases we have been able to make very smart deals
Our 2 big transfers since 2010 was for Suarez & Neymar .both were brilliant deals . b4 them Villa and he was a solid buy and would have been an actually exceptional one if it wasn't for his injury. Cesc & Alexis were relatively expensive but both were sold with good numbers (together they have actually got us profit) .we had also got some bargains like Rakitic & Alba
I really won't get worried about the market ,we are still one of the richest .and we are still one of the smartest clubs despite having our own fair share of mistakes

Jombi

Suarez, Neymar and Messi probably have the worst pass accuracy in our team. Its natural that attacking players who try to make things happen have the lowest pass accuracy.

We have always been among the biggest spenders in the market, even when almost all our first teamers came from La Masia.

Jair Ventura

I think when discussing his statistics it's important to keep in mind that he's only been a pro for 4 months. And that he isn't at a top club that regularly dominates possession, features intricate link up play between its forwards or a roster stocked with world class players, etc. He's an inexperienced 18 year old developing in the most defensive of Europe's top leagues, for a club unaccustomed to talents of his quality.

He see's runs and plays passes that if he were at Barcelona would be met by a player at the other end that could finish or continue the build up, but at Rennes, ends up intercepted, turned over, or recycled because most of his teammates lack the quality to take advantage of the chances he creates. Even so, there's no mistaking the quality of both his passing and his vision.

Compared to the forwards he plays with, Giovanni Soto & Paul Georges-Step:

Ntep - 3 assist / 1.5 KeyP / 24 AvgP / 72 PS% / 1.2 crosses

Sio - 5 assist / .7 KeyP / 20.3 AvgP / 75 PS% / 0 crosses

Dembele - 4 assist / 1.7 KeyP / 20.9 AvgP / 70.7 PS% / .9 crosses

And his passing metrics don't appear so poor.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Rennais manager Rolland Courbis reportedly dismissed the L'Equipe report and gave Bayern the middle finger by saying something like "...I have spoken to the club to advise them that Lewandowski would be the perfect player we need to swap Dembele with Bayern, also we will loan Coman for a year, as these two players will be great additions to our offense line..."

:worthy:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If Bayern gets yet another immense talent.. Bayern definitely does the best transfer business,way ahead of Barcelona and RM.
I don't think that I'm exaggerating when I say that Barca and RM should jump at Bayern transfer targets and snatch them or raise their price by a lot.

Sounds like a plan. Also we could invite Manchester United.

JamDav1982

Yes. Would only be fair, being that France and the Paris metro area in particular are producing the bulk of Europe's top talents.

PSG just need to be more attractive proposition and the players will go.

What teams should get to sign all the Brazilian talents? Only Brazil biggest?

Jair Ventura

PSG just need to be more attractive proposition and the players will go.

What teams should get to sign all the Brazilian talents? Only Brazil biggest?

- PSG has no problem attracting players but that has nothing to do with my sentiment towards Bayern.

- If our players stayed home instead of moving abroad that would be awesome.

JamDav1982

- PSG has no problem attracting players but that has nothing to do with my sentiment towards Bayern.

- If our players stayed home instead of moving abroad that would be awesome.

PSG probably sign more players from out with their own league than any other top club in europe.

If they are not signing the best young French players that is their own problem.

Italian fans could moan about Veratti etc in same way which PSG have benefited from.

Jair Ventura

PSG probably sign more players from out with their own league than any other top club in europe.

If they are not signing the best young French players that is their own problem.

Italian fans could moan about Veratti etc in same way which PSG have benefited from.

I don't know what you're talking about anymore, but ok.

Home of Barca Fans