11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How long does it take for a hamstring injury to heal?

I am guessing that he will miss the first leg of the quarter finals. :(

xXKonan

Thankfully we just have one league game and the International break. Would be a perfect time for him to heal and rest.

Just hope it isn't major.

Arizona Scott

I am seeing no news about a new hamstring.

In terms of recovery from the previous one it is all is about the grade. For a very mild one could be a week, for a fully torn one multiple months. I don't think it is the latter. He can get full rest and recoop for a while.

xXKonan

I noticed on the counter which led to the Pique goal, you could see Dembele holding back quite a bit with his speed. Have to think he was holding back in trying not to make the discomfort he already had worse. I'm optimistic that in the grand scheme of things it isn't tear.

Cule4life

The Culest
Hamstring generally takes 2-3 weeks to heal if not severe. Hope he's back for the big games in CL. First time i'm glad for the international break :lol:

And yes risking him today was worth it as we were on the ropes. The league is done and dusted. We need Dembouz for the quarters unless we get Porto.

BBZ8800

I was never his fan, but he really is the only player besides Messi who can cause problems.
We don't have any attacking options.

At 2:1, we were scared.
Messi started to walk around in his sulking mode.
Suarez was walking.
Coutinho was walking and trying not to fall down from the lightest breeze.
He was starting to lose this battle.
Arthur was having his breathing problems after minute 60.
Rakitic was on a verge of dying.
Busquets was playing like a slow and tired granny. Always too slow. Always a few inches too far away in defending.
Roberto was lost.

We basically only had Mats, Pique, Lenglet and Alba.
Then Vidal injected some blood, energy and running.
And Dembele brought life in attack.

So, even if he is injured, it was worth it.
We would probably concede for 2:2 without Vidal and Dembele.
Our team is full of too old turtles or players dead tired after 60 minutes (Arthur and Coutinho) and even though Messi saved the day in the end, in those moments after 2:1, everyone were scared and our key man went into his classical walking-sulking-disappearing mode.

Even though I am not a fan of some of our players, it seems that really around the 70th minute, it is a good time to bring Vidal and Alena/Malcom because they are really offering some pace, energy and hunger.

I am getting tired of the attitude, lack of pace and sulking of our main stars in bad moments: Messi, Busquets, Suarez.

FinBarcelonafan

I was never his fan, but he really is the only player besides Messi who can cause problems.

Suarez was walking.
Busquets was playing like a slow and tired granny. Always too slow. Always a few inches too far away in defending.
Roberto was lost.

Our team is full of too old turtles or players dead tired after 60 minutes (Arthur and Coutinho) and even though Messi saved the day in the end, in those moments after 2:1, everyone were scared and our key man went into his classical walking-sulking-disappearing mode.

Even though I am not a fan of some of our players, it seems that really around the 70th minute, it is a good time to bring Vidal and Alena/Malcom because they are really offering some pace, energy and hunger.

I am getting tired of the attitude, lack of pace and sulking of our main stars in bad moments: Messi, Busquets, Suarez.

I felt the same. We looked sluggish and tired. Valverde should have taken Roberto off 10 minutes earlier.

Raketa10

Suarez was walking.
Roberto was lost.

I don't know which game you watched but Messi and Suarez didn't lack pace yesterday and for sure weren't walking. Where do I sign that they play like that in every game? Messi was unbelievable yesterday and Suarez also had an excellent game. No one can play in the way we did during first half during the entire game. Only mistake we made was the one from Valverde, we stared defending too deep in the second half. We should have slowed down in second half but not in the way we did. And of course substitutes brought life when they came in. That's the entire purpose of substitutes!

Now repeat after me: "I was wrong about Dembele!" :D

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

It was almost unfair to bring him off the bench last night. Ousmane completely killed Lyon's desperate attacking impetus.

It's a shame he seemingly got injury again.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans