11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasgas

So is Neymar's teamplay better than the teamplay of Pedro?

important questions :pep:
So you're not new here, huh? :D

:tata:

He has improved both technically and tactically. To be honest, I wasn't sure he'd be able to, because he seemed pretty locked into his own way of playing, and has a huge cult of Yes Men behind him; that's always dangerous for a talented young person. But it's not the first time a talented player has improved after a year+ playing with Barça. Sanchez, for example, became far more adept at short passing. At a lower level, Rakitic is also improving, compared to his first season.

With Neymar, I'd say it's a combination of adapting to the more technical demands of La Liga (you just can't play as sloppy [a.k.a. "open"] as in Brazil) as well as finally understanding it's more effective to use the options his teammates give him (and have been giving him since day one). One can't say if he came to that conclusion on his own, by watching/emulating his teammates or reviewing his own performances, or was guided by Messi, Lucho, Alves, whomever.

Whatever the reason, if he keeps playing this more connective teamplay like the rest of his teammates, he's only going to get better at it, because his skills will have the chance to be refined and developed for those situations. It probably works both ways, self-fulfilling- he didn't take use those opportunities previously, because he lacked (or didn't trust) his abilities to do so, so he failed to develop that part of the game. Now that he's technically improved, he's trusting those opportunities, which means he'll try them more often, and the execution and understanding will get sharper.

you're overstating and overhyping the Neymar's supposed lack of teamplay, link up and whatever thing you wrote

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Neymar: "I think I deserve to be among Ballon d'Or finalists. I'd be happy I'd be nominated alongside Messi and Suarez." [globo via efe]

Neymar: "I don't play to be the best in the world or to win the Ballon d'Or. I play to become better myself and to always improve." [globo]

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Neymar: "I think I deserve to be among Ballon d'Or finalists. I'd be happy I'd be nominated alongside Messi and Suarez." [globo via efe]

Neymar: "I don't play to be the best in the world or to win the Ballon d'Or. I play to become better myself and to always improve." [globo]

Quite contradictory.

Observer

Banned
I love Neymar, but Messi will be King til the day he retires. Leo belongs up there with Pele and Maradona; Neymar half a step below but still way above other legends like Zidane, Romario, Cruyff, Ronaldinho, etc.

yea neymar is way above ronnie, zidane or freaking cruyff.

If we could just stop comparing players...

Why are people freaking out over comparing players?

Seems like now Neymar is becoming unreal it should be stopped for some reason.

Haha yea neymar becoming a beast must be the reason, well thought.

Let's take a shit on all the past greats, it's kewl.

The hype is very real.

All those great legends actually won something with their NTs, let's compare when current careers ends.

Pretty disrespectful to past Barca legends, let alone worldwide football legends.

poncirus

Some people just overthink too much and get stuck in an argument for the sake of it.

It was obvious Neymar is once-in-generation talent from his Santos days. He was bound to succeed everywhere. He is just THAT talented. Simple as that.

Only question was, is he competitive and driven enough to become an all-time great. So far, it seems he is.

So happy he is at Barca.

JamDav1982

The hype is very real.

All those great legends actually won something with their NTs, let's compare when current careers ends.

Pretty disrespectful to past Barca legends, let alone worldwide football legends.

So we cant compare any current players?

People can compare and have opinion on any players going and have done for years.

Kohe321

[tw]671115473715658752[/tw]

You need to look for a different christmas present to please your fans with uncle Flo, because this one ain't going anywhere.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

xXKonan

Hilarious if true.

Considering the amount of dumb crap we've done to sign him and Neymar himself turned down Real when he was at Santos.

Perez needs to Take the L and go for someone else.

BrunoLodo

I agree that people all over the world had their doubts about Neymar, but I guess people who supported Santos or even Brazil knew his true potential. Everyone was sure that he would succeed anywhere, it was just a matter of time.
But what amazes me about this guy is his humility! He has a different style that might seem cocky or anything, but he isnt at all! He cares about his family, about his friends, about his team, and about himself! He is not like Ronaldinho/Ronaldo/Adriano or any other Brazilian that had been great, he is better!
Quoting him... "I don´t want to be better than anyone, I just want to be better than myself!" WOOOOW!!
This guy, this f***king guy has whatever he wants and when he wants, he is 23... 23 guys! He is my age and yet, he keeps both feet on the ground.

I was watching some videos of his goals and i got really touched. His debut, his first goal agaisnt Mogi Mirim in 2009 as a professional and the commentator said "This can be a historic goal... Neymar's first goal...!!"
And yes... he was absolutly right! I am glad that i could see him scoring for Santos and for Barcelona at live!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans