11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I remember Ronnie pulling his patented moves/tricks late in matches and sometimes just outrageous attempts even when the outcome was decided...I don't recall him ever trying to humiliate/mock an opponent, it was simply his way...Ronnie wasn't pretty & marketed like a titan the way Neymar has been so it's only normal he's developed haters along the way that Ronaldinho never had

I think some players, this sort of flair is simply part of their game, even if idealists will try to argue that it shows a lack of respect

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
For every defender who complains about all that stuff there is a very simple solution: Just get the ball from the player who is showboating. That means he lost it, you are not by any means humiliated and it is unlikely that the player will try tricks on you again. If he still continues to showboat, get the damn ball again or shut the fuck up about it.
Football is a game. If you have the ball, you are allowed to do anything you want with it. It is the opponent's job to take it from you.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I will admit that I was a Neyhater once in 2011.

But you have since accepted Neymar into your life.

A while back, in an interview with Neymar, he stated that he, Messi, and Suarez had a nickname for themselves that wasn't "MSN" and that he probably shouldn't say it publicly.

One of the most popular theories at the time was that they referred to themselves as the holy trinity (Suarez = father, Neymar = son, Messi = holy spirit). After winning the CL final, Neymar puts on his headband that reads "100% Jesus".

So have you accepted Neymar into your life? :neymar:

Last edited:

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Neymar fan since a looong time. Was watching plenty of his montages and buying him for career mode every single year :neymar: .

Neymessi

I had heard about him but never seen his face.The first time I saw his face was in a youtube video my friend showed me where he humilated that argentinian player on the corner.Researched more about him and I wasn't long before youtube videos and his brazil performances made me crazy for him.So good that destiny made him join the club I supported.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Okay, I'm sick and tired of this bullshit. Honestly, what Messi did against City with the constant nutmegs, to me coming from a players perspective, is more mocking and disrespectful than Neymar's rainbow.

I love Xavi. He's been my favorite Barça player since Ronnie left. But this is the one of many snide and unnecessary comments that he's made off the field that I certainly won't miss now that he's gone. This was done and dusted, everyone had forgotten about that. He had every right to criticize him for the parade incident, I get that. Neymar is a bit immature still but he's barely older than I am, he enjoys life and likes to mess around a bit and he'll learn with time that not everyone is receptive to that.

But this general sense in European football that attempting exotic tricks in a competitive match is "unsporting" is ridiculous to me, especially since Neymar seems to be the target of this criticism more likely than not.

It's how Brazilians play, it's the basis of the short game that they play on the streets and watching players beating others with skill is one of my favorite aspects of the game.

If they think that's bad, they should go to a NBA game, and according to their attitudes, they'd be "outraged at the brash attempts of outrageous moves aiming to humiliate an inferior player..."

That's the difference, with European sports, at worst you get made look bad, whatever. In the NBA or NFL, you get made look bad and then end up with some 6'7 dudes nuts on your forehead or you get your ankle broken and then immediately pummeled, all on national television!

Grow a pair, if you hate skillers, take the ball away from them. Be better. Simple really.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca captain and manager agreed on that particular Ney's incident as did many Barca fans.
If they took time to criticise that incident then that's something to think about.
Spitting on Xavi who was nothing but a role model on and off pitch for over 15 years for Barca and non-Barca fans alike is pathetic and won't be tolerated here.

Sunny Mir

On to more positive things. Here is his Mcdonalds Selfie:
11392894_1091647767530571_932397669389703709_n.jpg

mark1nhu

Xavi is a legend but, as far as I know, he is still a human with all his personal flaws and can have wrong opinions too.

I can't accept this "Xavi knows the deal, let's all agree with him".

I think Xavi, Lucho and all the others that complained about him are being just too much sensitive/conservative, to keep it with good words.

Neymar in fact should be the one complaining about the lack of maturity in this ridiculous situation. Anyone who thinks that a dribble, ANY dribble, justify a violent response needs to grow up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans