10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Arizona Scott

Messi has been awesome all his recent years. Main reason why barca has owned spain despite 2 other great teams in the league.

But he is human and cumulative intense/carry the load matches take a toll on him within seasons.

The difference this year is national team breaks (nothing meaningful happening on int breaks) and a deeper squad.

Looks like messi and the squad is finally at peak form in the key part of the season instead of januarish.

Alik

Looks like messi and the squad is finally at peak form in the key part of the season instead of januarish.

Coutinho, Dembele, Arthur and Suarez are not in peak form though. But only 2 of these will be starting the remaining important matches this season, so let's hope the remaining squad members should be enough to pull them through.

Vilarrubi

Vincent Van Dijk wants to make sure he is not dribbled by Messi so he decided to skip the game. :coffee:

:lol: really protecting that stat.. running backwards at all times instead of committing in the first leg any time Leo got the ball.. now getting an “injury” for the 2nd leg... :crbust:

Arizona Scott

Coutinho, Dembele, Arthur and Suarez are not in peak form though. But only 2 of these will be starting the remaining important matches this season, so let's hope the remaining squad members should be enough to pull them through.

Dembele is out and arthur has been struggling for fitness, yes. Ok not perfect but compared most recent years at barca mid/late spring and compared to any other big club we are rested and in form. I think suarez and coutinho are both in solid form personally and will be ready for good matches tomorrow as they were in the big one last week. Then you have alba, pique, lenglet, busi, rakitic, arturo (didnt have before), sergi, semedo pretty close to ideal rest/form.

With Messi and the bulk of the squad where it is out i don't really give liverpool, ajax, spurs much a chance at this point. Of course i could be embarrassingly wrong but that is what i see.

LordLichtenstein

Messi is about to turn 32, and he is still head and shoulders above the rest. I wonder how long he can keep this up. I still see Messi as the best player in the world at 35 years old. Nothing beats his talent.

Alik

Messi is about to turn 32, and he is still head and shoulders above the rest. I wonder how long he can keep this up. I still see Messi as the best player in the world at 35 years old. Nothing beats his talent.

It's hard to say. Last year Marcelo was considered to be the best LB in the world, and Modric was a Balon d'Or winner. This year they crashed and burned.

Much can change in a few months.

Pedro

La Masia
It's hard to say. Last year Marcelo was considered to be the best LB in the world, and Modric was a Balon d'Or winner. This year they crashed and burned.

Lol, Leo isn't no Marcelo or Modric dude...

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

They were steadily declining though, which was especially clear in La Liga.

Messi this season has upped his level from 16/17 and 17/18 quite visibly. His mental edge is better than ever and he always finds a way to take over a game at the right moments in the right places.

Plus, I think some personnel changes in midfield can take this team to a new level next season. Arthur adapting/improving and FDJ who is one of the best CM's in football this year, both give Messi an even greater platform to perform and would absolutely change the identity of this team.

Imagine Leo this sharp but also never having to worry about service and getting the ball in his favorite areas. He would be so much more comfortable and have open lanes to attack all game.

PacoBJuarez

They were steadily declining though, which was especially clear in La Liga.

Messi this season has upped his level from 16/17 and 17/18 quite visibly. His mental edge is better than ever and he always finds a way to take over a game at the right moments in the right places.

Plus, I think some personnel changes in midfield can take this team to a new level next season. Arthur adapting/improving and FDJ who is one of the best CM's in football this year, both give Messi an even greater platform to perform and would absolutely change the identity of this team.

Imagine Leo this sharp but also never having to worry about service and getting the ball in his favorite areas. He would be so much more comfortable and have open lanes to attack all game.

Do you think FDJ makes his way into the preferred 3 already next season?

raskolnikov

Hence why we need to really enjoy Messi. Players and the wrong side of 30 can suddenly decline physically or get injured and can get back from it.
Fir all we know this is Messi’s last great cl performance. Certainly hope not of course but it makes the mindset to enjoy everything add to the overall career much greater when he puts in performances like last match.

Vilarrubi

Hence why we need to really enjoy Messi.

We need to enjoy Prince too.

15499223952612.jpg

Home of Barca Fans