10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Pedro

La Masia
Because if you make a weak shot on the goal, the keeper would have had it without problem, but a defender tries to shoot away, mishits it and it goes into the goal. Doesn't make sense to me.

It makes more sense to make judgement if the goal would have went into the goal or not - and if in doubt credit it to forward.

If the ball ends up in the net, then the only factor is if it was on target or not, doesn't matter about how weak/strong the shot it as that can be subjective. How about if Diego was getting to it and then let it in by a poor save?

tacticvarium

Valverde: “I had no idea what Leo was going to do after he was fouled initially. I’d love to say that everything was planned, but it's not true. Messi just ignored me, went ahead and scored his freekick.”

Did Retardo just admit that he can't control Messi?

Havesaks

i tried to paint a picture of a situation, where it would be absurd if the forward is credited the goa. Imo a commité should make a judgement. If there is doubt give it to the forward. there are a lot of situations where there the GK certainly would have taken it - and in these cases there shouldn't be given a goal to forward.

If the shot is on or off target is also itself an subjective assumption.

Hardy

[tw]1112034446956527617[/tw]

says it's not messi goal for marca and will not be counted for pichichi and golden boot.

Vilarrubi

I don't get where the confusion is here... the shot was on target.. it doesn't matter who touches it on the way to goal or how many players as long as it's on target it's the shooters goal. Anything else what "could" have happened is just guess work.

Vilarrubi

If the ball ends up in the net, then the only factor is if it was on target or not, doesn't matter about how weak/strong the shot it as that can be subjective. How about if Diego was getting to it and then let it in by a poor save?

Let’s hope they learn the rules properly.

Home of Barca Fans