10 - Lionel Messi - V6

FCB1987

Banned
Leo won't be happy seeing his former team mate Neymar get knocked out of CL

I think Leo will see it as karma for Neymar leaving. I see them having an Obi-Wan/Annikan relationship where Leo was grooming Neymar to be his successor but then Ney betrayed him.

Mbappe and Neymar going out is also good for his Ballon d'Or hopes

omidferoz

Ronaldo soon to be out of CL = no Ballon dor
Mbappe Out of CL = no Ballon dor
Neymar = no Ballon Dor
Madrid out = no shady Ballon dor to Modric
City dont have a single star player incase they win CL = no ballon dor

It kinda looks like a race between Griezmann or Messi for Ballon Dor this year and this one should messi easily win

Leo_98cro

If I was Messi I would give my absolute everything in 2019 in winning treble with Barca and then maybe Copa with Argentina in Brasil...If he somehow suceed doing that i think he would be an indisputed GOAT for vast majority of people

KingLeo10

If I was Messi I would give my absolute everything in 2019 in winning treble with Barca and then maybe Copa with Argentina in Brasil...If he somehow suceed doing that i think he would be an indisputed GOAT for vast majority of people

no amount of trebles will change opinion on messi for the WC wagoners.

FCB1987

Banned
Ronaldo soon to be out of CL = no Ballon dor
Mbappe Out of CL = no Ballon dor
Neymar = no Ballon Dor
Madrid out = no shady Ballon dor to Modric
City dont have a single star player incase they win CL = no ballon dor

It kinda looks like a race between Griezmann or Messi for Ballon Dor this year and this one should messi easily win

If Messi has an off year, even players like Pogba, Aguero, Lewandowski, Kane, Salah, or VVD could win it if they're the best player on a CL winning side.

Last edited:

sickstar

It doesnt look like an off year looking at messi dominating most of football metrics :D
But, hell, one game like roma last year could change everything, and i mean literally everything.
So, must wait and be patience.

Havesaks

This really could be Messis year, the odds are now in his favor. And Messi strikes me as a personality who will be extra motivated and make use of this chance. It would be more than well deserved him adding another treble and ballon d'or. Maybe even a copa america. :lol:

Messi goat mode incommimg this spring...

Arizona Scott

Quite honestly Messi is solidly in pole position for the BdO. He is having a great year, no worse than a double as a team and probably the best statistical season of competitors. Unless CR salvages Juve vs Atleti, I just don't see another getting it with Mbappe and Neymar cooked. Very outside chance a Salah or Kane or Griezmann could get in the picture. City is too mixed, nobody even knows who their best player is.

Messi is kind of owed from the last few years and over weighting Barca's CL exits relative to Messi's individual seasons brilliance and Barca's still heft trophy hauls, and I think votes know it. In a strange way it will be even more obvious if Mbappe gets the GBoot.

Mbappe cant prove himself until he does it in another league, I watched PSG vs Nimes and woooow, Nimes was playing so open, it was like a training match for psg, they should have scored 7-8 more goals, mbappe missed a couple of great chances. Ligue 1 is just trash, if messi was playing i ligue 1 he would score 3x what he is scoring in La liga.

p.s I think Mbappe is a great player, has a great future, but it is way too early to be comparing him with Messi and Ronaldo, they were playing in extremely better leagues at his age, and dominating those leagues (specially messi)

this is also why i dont think PSG is going to win the CL anytime soon, going from a game against Nimes to playing Europes top dogs is just too different in level of intensity, they arent used to it

what did i say?
when PSG plays against teams like dijon and nimes week in week out they cant handle the intensity of the CL even against a MAN U reserve side
MMbappe needs to leave to reach his potential

This is also our best chance to win the CL, we have tottenham, ajax, manu, porto already qualified which arent the best of teams, we will probably have man city atletico and liverpool/bayern

None if these teams are outstanding, man city has shown they can mess up, they have a lot of games to play, same with liverpool, bayern is not too great this year... atletico we can beat, its our tournament to lose

Donatello

If Messi has an off year, even players like Pogba, Aguero, Lewandowski, Kane, Salah, or VVD could win it if they're the best player on a CL winning side.

You forgot Griezmann/Ronaldo, whoever goes through. They are the prime contenders, if its not Messi.

Donatello

This is also our best chance to win the CL, we have tottenham, ajax, manu, porto already qualified which arent the best of teams, we will probably have man city atletico and liverpool/bayern

None if these teams are outstanding, man city has shown they can mess up, they have a lot of games to play, same with liverpool, bayern is not too great this year... atletico we can beat, its our tournament to lose

I know its good, but it somewhat takes the fun out of it. I mean, isn't it same as getting lucky like RM got in 15/16 CL season, getting easiest of draws, only this time most teams are like that.

I want Barca to win CL, but its more remarkable when you win it by beating the best teams en route, that is remarkable achievement, in eyes of fans as well as critics. Add to that, its much more interesting to watch.

Don't get me wrong, I would still watch every game, and would be thrilled to win CL.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans