10 - Lionel Messi - V6

FCB1987

Banned
Ronaldo's odds are dropping on Ballon d'Or, bookies giving him 60-65% or so.

Let's hope Modric wins this year and then Leo overtakes him in 2019 by leading Barca to the Cl.

Donatello

Regarding the Argentina business, I think a bit of distance is probably for the best either way. Put a solid foundation together and then add him as that extra edge. The talisman. Don't build the team around him and expect him to fix all the holes.

Exactly.

Pedro

La Masia
Forgot your password, Pedro? :messi:

No Joan Laporta unfortunately not. [MENTION=12859]Alik[/MENTION], [MENTION=12746]catalinutzR80[/MENTION], [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION], [MENTION=20830]Hardy[/MENTION], [MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION], [MENTION=22502]soul24rage[/MENTION], [MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

Let's hope Leo has a good rest during international break and is fresh for Real Sociedad.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Regarding the Argentina business, I think a bit of distance is probably for the best either way. Put a solid foundation together and then add him as that extra edge. The talisman. Don't build the team around him and expect him to fix all the holes.

Same could be said for barca

Gnidrologist

This, how can someone claim he’s the best in Europe but not the best in Spain. La Liga and UCL are equally important, La Liga is not a farmers league, it’s the best in Europe. Where UCL and Europa champions played.
League is harder than tournaments because it’s longer and need a lot of consistency

People ignored that part that Messi stats surpassed both Modric and Cristiano at their position. In the same league where they’re both playing
I both agree and disagree there. Yes stats along career are important, but FC Barcelona winning La Liga numerous times is less important than FC Barcelona winning CL. We saw how attitude towards club changed with the help of CL victories. Under Cruiff Barca won only one CL/CK and besides hardcore fans no one cared about Barca.

Donatello

Messi scored the most
Assisted the most
and won the most.

It's simple:
- If it's because of goals then Modric shouldn't be there.
- If it's about Trophies then Salah shouldn't be there.
- If it's about perfomance troughout the season then CR7 shouldn't be there.

These awards are a complete joke.
Schmeichel is nominated for the best GK in the world. :lol:

Gnidrologist

Yea it's kind of a joke. If we did value world's best football ballers Messi would win every single year, because he's so much better than any other athlete of his category, BUT because he is so godly good he is constantly underrated and other dorks (like Ronaldo, Rybery etc. overrated).

ronniecro

anyone else thinks he won't win another bdor?seems like for in it nowadays you have to win CL aswell as being top goalscorer there,feature that doesn't look probable in leo's case

FCB1987

Banned
He can win it without CL but just as long as he's massively better than the best CL winning player, like he was in 2010 and 2012.

If it wasn't for the WC disaster this year, I think he could have won it with a very good start to the season.

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

He has been the best footballer for more than 10 years already performance wise. He is the reason why Barca became a legendary club and why Argentina even has a chances. Only minus which i would consider is that he's not always clutch player. You know, like Micheal Jordan type clutch.

Home of Barca Fans