10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Mitchell1978

It's a shame he's not good at penalties. He would be monopolizing these awards if he could convert them.

Doubt it matters if he converts 2 or 3 more a season because thats what we are talking about here (last season he missed 3 for barça, 1 the season before, last treble season he was 6 for 9)
His stats are already the best in the world.

soul24rage

I think even at the end of his current contract he'll still be either Barca's best player or one of Barca's best players. I could see him extending his contract and leaving after the 2022 WC.

Total-Football

Penaldo has a PR machine working him day and night (he himself included is part of his own PR machine). So dont expect messi to be ahead unless it s blatant. and i know it is kinda blatant every year for the football fans but for the casuals its not.

Mitchell1978

Nothing about the Argentina NT (was probably agreed up on not to touch the subject), i'm thinking he still hasn't made up his mind about that.

Stoichkov1

Messi also praised Suarez which means he won't leave anytime soon.

He said that Real Madrid are a worse team without Ronaldo and Juve are clear favorites to win CL.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi also praised Suarez which means he won't leave anytime soon.

He said that Real Madrid are a worse team without Ronaldo and Juve are clear favorites to win CL.

Along with Real Madrid still, Man City, Liverpool and PSG + Barcelona themselves.

Let's not cut down on what he said.

Also could you share what he said about Suarez?

raki

Huge compliment to Arthur, his favourite signing.

Also said that the squad really needs players like Vidal.

Stoichkov1

Along with Real Madrid still, Man City, Liverpool and PSG + Barcelona themselves.

Let's not cut down on what he said.

Also could you share what he said about Suarez?

"Aporta muchísimo, te pica a todos los lados, te viene a recibir, sabes que siempre es una opción, que se desmarca, que presiona, que contagia... y eso hace que los de atrás acompañen. Nos da muchísimo. Me permite ser un extremo falso"

I hope you understand Spanish

Mitchell1978

About that stupid fifa award, i'm wondering if the WC and European Cups matter so much then why isn't Griezzman nominated, not saying he should be but he was France most decisive player, topscorer and scored twice in the Europa League final.

These awards have become a purely PR/media-narrative award.

clemente

Interesting how he said that Ronaldo makes Juventus best team in the world right now, probably 4d chess to put pressure on him and Juventus.

RMU ReBorn

If he wins Cl this year then that would be a unreal achievement . None of Lucho and Ev had a first team experience of managing a top flight club before managing Barca . Fact that Ronaldo won two of his 5 Cl's with Ancelotti and Fergi were as Messi won 4 of his Cl's with managers ( who hasn't won a Cl before) will boost Messi's legacy . None of these penaldo fanboys can bring in logics like Messi s nothing without Xavi & Iniesta . Basically we played in two different systems under Ev and lucho .

Home of Barca Fans