10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Joke red card. whats he suppose to do get out of the way or roll around neymaresque after the first shove? lol fucking total joke.
Don't like his comments about it being rigged after though, not rigged just incompetence.

xXKonan

South American FA's are corrupt as shit, refs are trash for the most part.

But not sure if they are trying to rig it for Brazil. Brazil has been solid at the back but their forward line has been pretty sub-par for most of the tournament. Problem is most of the so-called big guns like Uruguay, Chile, Argentina have been a lot worse this tournament.

Reminds me of the World Cup. France despite its abundance of talent didn't exactly play very well but they were clinical enough and good enough defensively to beat out the other teams. Brazil is just like that in that regard.

I blame ref incompetence for that Brazil debacle. Not the first time they fucked up during this tournament they should have VAR after Arthur destroyed Otamendi with his Elbow and gave the pen.

Givenchy

if it had been the final or directly after that semi vs Brazil, maybe those comments would be justified but it just comes across as bitter/excuses saying that in a 3rd place playoff. this is the type of shit we'd be lamenting Ronaldo for. cant remember which Argentina player but in an interview on the pitch they said about this Argentina feeling more like a team and building on this. then you have the captain not joining them to recieve the medals.. it just looks bad imo

i doubt Messi really gives a shit anymore but it doesn't help his international reputation; many still ridicule him for retiring and then coming back, if he retires again after this its more ammunition for the haters.

ebc_99

Messi is right to say what he said, and I'm glad he had the courage to. The Copa was a mess, the pitch's were terrible and the referee's incompetent and arrogant. If people say nothing then nothing will change, Messi has put a spotlight on the entire competition and how it is run. Compared to the other continental tournaments, the Copa America is run really poorly, evidenced by the fact that there is another next summer, they are after money, the integrity of the tournament doesn't matter to them.

Barcilliant

Messi is right to say what he said, and I'm glad he had the courage to. The Copa was a mess, the pitch's were terrible and the referee's incompetent and arrogant. If people say nothing then nothing will change, Messi has put a spotlight on the entire competition and how it is run. Compared to the other continental tournaments, the Copa America is run really poorly, evidenced by the fact that there is another next summer, they are after money, the integrity of the tournament doesn't matter to them.

Agree.

Messi's comments were spot on and I'm glad he came out and said it. I just wish he was more outspoken at Barca.

sickstar

It is a type of comment out of series of disappointment.. to the result, to the pitch, to the referee's performance too.

He wouldn't give a slight damn shit, i think, if conmebol or brazil does not accept his comment. He has gained everything in club level and gave everything in nation level. I wont be surprised if this is his last tournament. Of course, he has said that he would stay, but who knows, after the red card.

Argentina has played well, actually since after the 2nd match, and continue to improve. Even they're superior to brazil from some report i heard (didn't have the chance to watch the match to really give a word, though).

Tackle

Nonsense.

His comments might have some truth to them, but by completely losing the plot and throwing his toys out the pram he looks nothing more than a bitter, conspiratorial knob head.

If the lad wanted to be taken seriously he should have raised his issues with CONMEBOL in a calm, reasonable, articulate manner. Too bad he decided to go nuclear in a fit of autistic rage instead. Just imagine if it was CR7 making these comments. We'd be laughing our arses off and using it against him for years. Since it's Messi who had the public meltdown his fanboys are in here defending his behaviour making rubbish justifications like "good on Leo for defending himself."

South American refs in general and CONMEBOL as a whole are largely incompetent. Maybe the home crowd and pressure had some impact on the refereeing, but this isn't an case of some secret conspiracy where everyone got together to give Brazil the trophy and send Argentina home.

Not to mention Argetina were dog shite as well in every game leading up to the semis and were lucky to be there in the first place. Messi's fit would be equivalent to a bad student complaining that his teacher with inconsistent marking and the mediocre school board are only to blame for his failures and were colluding to deliberately fail him. With a more consistent teacher and a better school board the bad student would suddenly become the best student in the country according to the bloke.

Sound a bit irrational and deluded? Well, it has many parallels to Messi's meltdown.

FCB1987

Banned
His comments are correct, but it's annoying to see him show more passion in those interviews than he did at Anfield.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything

Lol no. If he just said that officiating was lacklustre and the quality of the pitches were terrible then fine but claiming that there's a conspiracy is fucking hilarious. Remember when mourinho was doing the same thing against us?
Should look at himself and his team first.

snowy

We were discussing this I think 2 y ago. Giving each coach 2 (or 1) VAR assisted challenges per game. Could spice things up depending on how judiciously coaches use those challenges. Dude runs out of challenges on an off-side call and a few min later, ref gives a clown red card to his top player ayayayaiiiiiii

Only got to see the highlights. Good to see Leo and Dyb playing together again

Cool link up at 4:36. Would've been rad if it went in!

Chainsaw

Killahead
Well said Messi. The spirit of Joao Havelange is smiling at all of this corruption. Let's see how they're gonna let Brazil win it tonight.

abiabi

Well said Messi. The spirit of Joao Havelange is smiling at all of this corruption. Let's see how they're gonna let Brazil win it tonight.

absolute delusion

you think if they are fixing it for brazil, they would let it go to penalties vs paraguay?

also why the fuck would they care to "fix" a 3rd place match ::lol::lol:

Chainsaw

Killahead
absolute delusion

you think if they are fixing it for brazil, they would let it go to penalties vs paraguay?

also why the fuck would they care to "fix" a 3rd place match ::lol::lol:

That fucking interpretation! :lol:

They cannot fix everything. Favor means when the time is right they favor one side to the other. Doesn't mean the ref is gonna stop a match and give one side a penalty out of thin air to avoid the match going into the penalties.

Learn to read what Messi meant about what incidents. It's not about fixing a match for a fucking 3rd place. Two matches in a row the ref refused to check VAR to reverse his wrong decisions. Their desperate attempt last night was even more hilarious, as it was a pointless match. But yeah let's send off Messi for the sake of sticking it to him! :lol:

Home of Barca Fans