10 - Lionel Messi - V6

FCB1987

Banned
he'll never have a better chance than this.

if he puts in a half arsed display vs Brazil that would be unforgivable

90% chance that's what will happen

Nowadays, he's only motivated at the Camp Nou or when Pele criticizes him. Argentina either win 1-0 with a scrappy Lauraro/Aguero goal or get hammered. Either way, Messi will perform the same as against Venezuela.

abbbs97

He needs to step up against Brazil, and I have no doubt that he will.
But, if Argentina wins and he puts out the same performance as against Venezuela, then I honestly wouldn't give a fuck as long as he wins a trophy for Argentina. Which means he'll win the Ballon D'or. No one thought anything when Ronaldo didn't even play the Euro final, all they remembered was that he won something. Same with the recent Nations League game, he did fuck all in the final but still got all the praise. It'll be the same for Messi.

eaman

90% chance that's what will happen

Nowadays, he's only motivated at the Camp Nou or when Pele criticizes him. Argentina either win 1-0 with a scrappy Lauraro/Aguero goal or get hammered. Either way, Messi will perform the same as against Venezuela.

He's always motivated. If his Argentina teammates play well and are on his wavelength like his Barca teammates then he will play well

Hardy

I know Messi like my pockets and giving his current state and the quality of Brasil there are all the ingredients for another disasterclass to be honest. I expect really nothing from him. Then maybe Argentina can win anyway in fluke way like Portugal against France but don't think so, I can't even remember last time they won against Brasil in an official match :mou:

Arizona Scott

Messi entitled and corrupt? What utter crap you speak

Well this line got my attention, "Getting more and more spoiled, entitled and corrupt" I thought it was spot on if about a lot of "Barca" fans.

Messi is not in the team to do lots of running. He is not athletically charmed in that way, especially at 32.

And what is Messi supposed to do in public when asked about Valverde? He is not a provocateur or attention seeker. It is the club's job to cast judgment on the future of Valverde and Suarez, not Messi's.

Stop with these sense making posts, please.

Arizona Scott

I know Messi like my pockets and giving his current state and the quality of Brasil there are all the ingredients for another disasterclass to be honest. I expect really nothing from him. Then maybe Argentina can win anyway in fluke way like Portugal against France but don't think so, I can't even remember last time they won against Brasil in an official match :mou:

The nature of a cup competition, who the heck knows and luck almost invariable prevails. It isn't like the other team scored in regular time the 3 recent finals Argentina lost, and 2 were in shoot outs. And Messi has been good from the spot in many do or die situations--everyone seems to just remember Copa part II and his miss only equalized Vidal's so it was all square at that point. He made the Netherlands one (when Argentina advanced to their 1st WC final since the 90s), he made copa part I, made ones key to getting Argentina to qualify. Every penalty taker misses some.

booge

Suarez crying yesterday
Messi crying on Wednesday
Coutinho crying on Sunday

We could have the three crying babies in attack for the 19-20 season

Arizona Scott

Suarez crying yesterday
Messi crying on Wednesday
Coutinho crying on Sunday

We could have the three crying babies in attack for the 19-20 season

well no matter what happens to them the at times insufferable whining and crying here will continue by a sizable group here. we will come off a treble and it will be not pretty enough football to some and too much walking for others. at least those guys have some competitive spirit and dont just chuck insults from the peanut gallery or try to feel better by chucking at guys the world follows.

snowy

Spot on. Messi is on such a different level that players often, involuntary, just freeze. And Leo himself, by his geniusnes, breaks any tactic we have planned so obviously team-play suffers.

That's why it's good to have those confident superstars to play with him. Suarez with his instinctivenes, or Neymar with his confidence.

That all being said we can't afford to have another man walking up there and our basic problem remains lack of pace.

Hire this nice lady as Assistant Coach and have her call Vitoooooogo every time they start slackin.

EZ as Pie!

errr best not mention pie around Pistolero :thinking:

LMTR14

I'm looking forward to the Brazil game, it's a win-win situation. Either they go through and Messi has a shot at the title, or they go out and he will retire from that despicable team. :)

Home of Barca Fans