10 - Lionel Messi - V6

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He’s looked disinterested plenty of times last season for Barca in La Liga after his injury. To make matters worse, Liverpool probably shattered his motivation. Not gonna be surprised if Leo makes an effort only in super important games next season.

abbbs97

Honestly dont care how Messi performs as long as he wins his first international trophy.
He'll do much better against Brazil though. He'll be motivated cause he knows its a huge match. Hattrick incoming.

abbbs97

People blaming this on the Liverpool match are forgetting he was basically the same last World Cup

If Valverde wasnt stupid, we would've won against Liverpool, won a treble, and Messi would be more motivated than ever to win the Copa, putting on masterclass after masterclass every game.
Dont forget that last year before the WC, Roma happened.
In conclusion, everything comes back to Fuckverde for destroying Messi's confidence.

Arizona Scott

You guys are focused on his play, the narrative will be around whether Argentina beats Brazil and moves on. If anything the Euros in 16 showed you can be non-existent most of a tournament--either cruddy or not playing at all, and get the spoils.

Argentina probably won't beat Brazil, but in a 1 off it is not too much worse than 50/50. Probably 40%. So the match must be played and we will see.

mc_lovin

I would like for him to drop a tournament like Ronaldo 2016 aka winning it without being special. Just shows how utterly absurd titles are to measure individual brilliance.

Hardy

Let's hope Leo scores vs. Brazil

[MENTION=12746]catalinutzR80[/MENTION]

[MENTION=20830]Hardy[/MENTION]

[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

[MENTION=22956]FCB1987[/MENTION]

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

on this rate it will be a miracle if he finds a way to shot on target. What a depressive crap tournament he's playing. Haters will have some good summer to enjoy.

Mitchell1978

You guys are focused on his play, the narrative will be around whether Argentina beats Brazil and moves on. If anything the Euros in 16 showed you can be non-existent most of a tournament--either cruddy or not playing at all, and get the spoils.

the 2016 Copa was his best individual performance in a tournament for Argentina, 5 goals and 4 assists in 4 starts, 2 goals and 4 assists in the QF and the SF but they lost the final in the penaltyshootout (in which he missed a penalty) and everybody instantly forgot about his performance in that tournament

feggydinho

I'd be surprised if he ran 2km in the first third of the match. Looks like a retired player in a charity game, not someone who's still supposed to be in his prime.

He's either the laziest player in the world, his fitness is totally crap, or he just doesn't give a shit.

Lautaro is carrying them so far. One man attack until now. Aguero is running his ass off too. Everybody from Argie giving 100% except Messi. Talent doesn't give you an excuse to be lazy.
I really don't understand him any longer, there's no excuse for this kind of performance. I couldn't believe what I was seeing (I know some people on this forum would still want to find excuses for his performance today). Messi is the only one that can change himself so he should wake the hell up!!!

Tackle

Another shite performance, but on his way to a shithouse tournament win like Ronaldo's 2016 Euros.

Leo's mind works in strange ways. He looks like he couldn't be arsed and puts in a dire effort in some the biggest matches like he's playing in a friendly, but when he's in the mood he'll play like he's in a WC Final a meaningless Liga match home vs. Getafe.

These days CR only really tries in the big matches on the big stage. Messi on the other hand just shows up when he wants and this is becoming more of a regular occurrence in recent years.

I would look to move on from Leo in a few years. I'd rather not have him play here into his late thirties. The amount of sacrifices we'd have to make to fit him in won't be worth it when he isn't at the highest level anymore.

Compare 11/12 Messi or 14/15 Messi to current Messi. Despite him still posting similar stats he is not the same calibre of player anymore (still the best mind you). In Xavi/Iniesta days Messi had a defined role. As did he in the peak MSN days. Now Messi IS the team. You can blame the manager and quality of the squad for this all you want and it might have some merit, but a load of it is just down to Leo becoming a lazy arse. Now his teams' fate lies in whatever mood he is in on the night and that isn't something you should be betting on.

Now you see him walking around the midfield moving closer to whoever has the ball and forcing literally everything to go through him. Why is it surprising the team has no ideas when Messi is playing terribly or is on the bench? Simple, they've never learned to play good structural football together. He walks, never defends, leaves all sorts of gaps and tries to inject himself into every move. Of course he is going to put up monstrous numbers when he is the one every play is set up for and the team plays for. Consequently, his teammates suffer and look lost with no clear ideas other than passing it to Leo.

I'd much rather have 30 goals and 15 assists with Messi staying in his lane than 50 goals and 25 assists with him trying to be a superhero.

hulinat

hes either fat or in deep deep decline. this is just the beginning guys, i cant think of another explanation. so sad to think about it, end of an era.

Home of Barca Fans