10 - Lionel Messi - V6

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
There aren’t many things as easy to predict as the inevitable shitshow when Argentina once again try to win a trophy just to fail harder than the last time. It’s just not meant to be, Leo. Should’ve never come back after the Copa retirement.

Barcilliant

He really needs better body language and attitude. I think one of the reasons he sulks nowadays is because of the awful players and managers he has to deal with.

Tackle

Bit better in the 2nd half, but still nowhere near his best.

Also his leadership qualities are some of the most dire I've ever seen for a bloke that's the captain of both his club and national side.

Argentina are a bloody pathetic side, but when your best player and captain is walking, sulking, not showing any emotion and keeping his head down not communicating what sort of message does it send to the rest of the team?

CatalinR10

Let's hope Messi scores vs Paraguay.

[MENTION=21723]Pedro[/MENTION]

[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION]

[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

[MENTION=22956]FCB1987[/MENTION]

[MENTION=16751]Devils[/MENTION]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Him putting his head down and standing there and moving and walking slowly doesn't really inspire his teammates to perform, especially when Argentina was behind.

Great player but really not a leader.

Givenchy

he'll get the blame and its true he wasn't great tonight but fuck me, this Argentina team are soulless. i think Maradona in his prime would struggle to drag these cunts to anything meaningful.

expecting 32 year old Messi to carry teams like he used to is ridiculous

D10S91

He deserves criticism today, poor performance..

To look at it positively no one cares about the group stages, just need to qualify.. What he does in the knockout stages is what counts.

clemente

Di Maria should never put that NT shirt ever again. They are all so lazy, no pressing and so scared of having the ball, even a minimal amount of pressure is enough to give away the ball anywhere on the pitch.

SG-7

they didnt play all that badly, had some great chances but once they started attacking more in second half that defense became a disaster. Like what were they doing for that second goal? Theres 3 of them around the guy and he still manages to get to it first hahaaha . I think they need to revert back to the 2014 model of just being lot more defensive and playing on counter

Home of Barca Fans