10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Cool

I love Leo to death. But, him and Pique and the rest are supporting Valvarde, so he gets the flack just like our shit manager.

ebc_99

Messi is not a bad captain, he carries the team on his back every bloody game, no player has ever given more to a club than Messi has for Barca but twats on this board give him shit 24/7. If the other players cared as much as Messi we would be in a much better position.

Every player supports their manager in public, it's just the way things are done. For all we know Messi could want him gone but the board have their own ideas, so lets see what happens. But Messi is just a player, and thats all he wants to be, he shouldn't have to make the call to sack the coach or not. His job is to give 100% for each coach and that is what he does, no downing tools to get a manager fired for Messi, he plays for the club and not the coach and he deserves far more respect than he is getting from certain people here.

Don Andrésº8

Messi is not a bad captain, he carries the team on his back every bloody game, no player has ever given more to a club than Messi has for Barca but twats on this board give him shit 24/7. If the other players cared as much as Messi we would be in a much better position.

Every player supports their manager in public, it's just the way things are done. For all we know Messi could want him gone but the board have their own ideas, so lets see what happens. But Messi is just a player, and thats all he wants to be, he shouldn't have to make the call to sack the coach or not. His job is to give 100% for each coach and that is what he does, no downing tools to get a manager fired for Messi, he plays for the club and not the coach and he deserves far more respect than he is getting from certain people here.

he is an awful captain but is the goat, pique should be the captain nothing more, hoping for the next coach bring that to the table, messi doesnt need that extra shit

eaman

He is an absolute genius, and will go down as one of the greatest if not THE greatest ever etc.

But man, seeing him get dispossessed then not even bother fighting back or chasing is fucking infuriating at times.

Winning the ball back after giving it away used to be a trademark of his but I'm guessing he needs the energy for other things seen as he's older. Anyway no blame for the loss on him today really. He played well especially in the second half. That shot off the post would've been an amazing goal and possibly his first with the outside of the boot. I can't remember if he's scored a goal with outside of the boot

KingLeo10

"I hOpE vAlVerDe StAyS" Hope you enjoy another season or 2 of pure mediocrity followed by an embrassing CL exit.

His diehard fans here have a meltdown but he really should force EV's resignation.

There's a reason Juve booted Allegri because his only tactic once CR7 joined turned into cross to CR7.

:lol:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
His diehard fans here have a meltdown but he really should force EV's resignation.

There's a reason Juve booted Allegri because his only tactic once CR7 joined turned into cross to CR7.

:lol:

Hell I would have been satisfied with him saying that the resigning of Valverde is up to the board. I would ofc been happier if he was reason Valverde got fired.

Instead he wants Valverde to stay another year. And he exempts Valverde from all the blame.

It Is WhAt It Is.

Asylum15

Winning the ball back after giving it away used to be a trademark of his but I'm guessing he needs the energy for other things seen as he's older. Anyway no blame for the loss on him today really. He played well especially in the second half. That shot off the post would've been an amazing goal and possibly his first with the outside of the boot. I can't remember if he's scored a goal with outside of the boot

IMO - There's a difference between storing energy and lack of fight. Messi has been guilty in the past as-well of losing the ball and not bothering to fight/chase back the player who stole it from him, often leading to goals/attacks against us. It's just one thing that's pissed me off about him.

Hardy

we care more than him, maybe it's time to stop to feel sorry for him. He's happy that Valverde stays here? good for him. Enjoy the destruction of your last years.

tacticvarium

Ronaldo: "When Barcelona win it's because of Messi, but when they lose, it's because of Valverde, Coutinho... but not Messi"

So true.
Messi should equally share the responsibilities of his lack of CL glories and international trophies with Argentina.

Givenchy

I hate to say this and ill no doubt be called a Ronaldo shill but im confused as to our future with Messi

don't get me wrong, hes the only reason to actually watch Barca these days but thats also part of the issue.. hes actually bigger than Barca itself.

its speculation at this point but it does seem he is happy to put his friendship with certain players over whats best for the club and no matter how great you are, thats a huge problem. giving him the captains armband was a stupid idea also, i've seen him get fired up and yell at others so i know he has that leadership in him but not enough. he looks disinterested at times constantly walking around, losing the ball and making no attempt to get it back.. its no wonder our players are so laid back. imagine Puyol, he'd be screaming at these bottling wretches

I was thinking earlier about players we need and the problem keeps coming up; where does Messi actually play these days? is he a ST? no. RW? nope. false 9? only when we have no other options. we have Dembele being totally wasted at LW while Messi plays 'false-RW' or RW on paper atleast only to drift in the center leaving the right side with no support. his workrate is atrocious so theres no chance he can play in midfield. honestly the only way i can see for the future being viable is false 9 with Dembele at RW and a goal scoring Henry type at LW

Don Andrésº8

IMO - There's a difference between storing energy and lack of fight. Messi has been guilty in the past as-well of losing the ball and not bothering to fight/chase back the player who stole it from him, often leading to goals/attacks against us. It's just one thing that's pissed me off about him.

messi lost his drive is plain obvious, he is tired of football and has other priorities right now, family kids etc...

FCBfan22

I hate to say this and ill no doubt be called a Ronaldo shill but im confused as to our future with Messi

don't get me wrong, hes the only reason to actually watch Barca these days but thats also part of the issue.. hes actually bigger than Barca itself.

its speculation at this point but it does seem he is happy to put his friendship with certain players over whats best for the club and no matter how great you are, thats a huge problem. giving him the captains armband was a stupid idea also, i've seen him get fired up and yell at others so i know he has that leadership in him but not enough. he looks disinterested at times constantly walking around, losing the ball and making no attempt to get it back.. its no wonder our players are so laid back. imagine Puyol, he'd be screaming at these bottling wretches

I was thinking earlier about players we need and the problem keeps coming up; where does Messi actually play these days? is he a ST? no. RW? nope. false 9? only when we have no other options. we have Dembele being totally wasted at LW while Messi plays 'false-RW' or RW on paper atleast only to drift in the center leaving the right side with no support. his workrate is atrocious so theres no chance he can play in midfield. honestly the only way i can see for the future being viable is false 9 with Dembele at RW and a goal scoring Henry type at LW

The thing is, we can go through rebuilding phase with Messi while still winning some trophies. The key is to have 9 outfield players with high workrate around him. Now we have a walking Fatass and turtles called Rakitić and Busquets in the midfield, Alba who does what he wants, Coutinho who is afraid of his own shadow and a right-back, who really isn't a right back.

Get a coach who can get max workrate and can setup a midfield who can actually provide the ball into final third and fucking run.

booge

Arguably the worst captain in Barça history.

Captain can't be pique because he's a pussy
Same with Alba & Langlet
Semedo too new
Sergi Roberto... say no more
Vidal - too new
Busquets - pussy again
Coutinho - Too new
Suarez - bites people
Dembele - too new

Who you want to be captain mate?

Home of Barca Fans