10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Messigician

Unbelievable people turning on Messi, if he supports the coach we should as well. No one here knows what goes on behind the scenes in the locker room.

We've lost 2 games in champions league in 2 years on paper look at it like 3-3 and 4-3 on aggregate. This isn't too bad.

For so many to speak out in support of Valverde I think there's stuff going on the fans do not know about.

No other manager gets this support from the board and players look at Allgeri, Mourinho, both Madrid coaches this season all thrown under the bus.

Pique and Messi both alluded to Valverde wanting to play attacking football the Barca way but some players aren't able to play in that style consistently so a compromise is needed.

raedkuwait

Repulsive comment, showing zero gratitude for 13 years of GOAT football, stopping us from getting humiliated EVERY WEEK. Some people here are even more entitled than the players they complain about. As far as I'm concerned Leo can wipe his arse with a barca flag in that conference and I would not say shit to him because I realise he is single handedly keeping us from being Manchester Utd of Spain.
Hhhh what the fuck then we should rename the club to
Fc messi, will i bleed barcelona i was a fan of fc barca long before messi came , and this guy just shat on the club for the sake of his comfort and his friends, wtf is this shit he is taking control of the club, i hate this , my son and i cried during liverpol match and now this guy just gives us nothing no redimption nothing.

Givenchy

[MENTION=23192]Messigician[/MENTION]

the reason we can't play 'attacking football' is due to 2 of Messi's best friends :lol:

maybe hes loyal to his buddies, loyal to a fault and i'm not hating on Leo atall. but this is about the bigger picture.. if 3 CLs in a row for our arch rivals + 2 CL meltdowns isn't enough to motivate the players then what will?

raedkuwait

Unbelievable people turning on Messi, if he supports the coach we should as well. No one here knows what goes on behind the scenes in the locker room.

We've lost 2 games in champions league in 2 years on paper look at it like 3-3 and 4-3 on aggregate. This isn't too bad.

For so many to speak out in support of Valverde I think there's stuff going on the fans do not know about.

No other manager gets this support from the board and players look at Allgeri, Mourinho, both Madrid coaches this season all thrown under the bus.

Pique and Messi both alluded to Valverde wanting to play attacking football the Barca way but some players aren't able to play in that style consistently so a compromise is needed.

And u totally believe this hhh look at our formation in liverpool game, how he can as to play attacking football when u have bob, and 2 turtles in the midfield, he has no balls at all, just look at his change this game and roma game, took off our best working player vidal and let his beloved player raki stay on hhhh joke coach

Cule4life

The Culest
Yeah we were blaming Barto for ruining Messi's years at the club. Turns out Messi's the most culpable. None of us should feel sorry for him if he doesn't win another CL in his career, while Ronaldo wins more CLs and puts a lot of distance between himself and Messi. For Messi being comfortable and enjoying with his friends is more important than his legacy. Years from now people will rightfully point at Ronaldo's CL wins as a measure of his greatness and we Messi fans won't be able to say anything against them.

And then people blame fans like me and [MENTION=18675]messi2140[/MENTION] for being disillusioned from watching Barca anymore, when this kind of loser/complacent mentality and personal fiefdom is ruling over Barca. Barca is not anybody's playground/safe space rife with "yeah not winning and being humiliated in CL is not a big deal, having a friends community is more important". When there are no consequences to failure, the club rots from its foundations.

Just shows you talent isn't everything. The desire and ability to keep aside everything and focus on your goals is equally, if not more important. And Ronaldo excels in that regard. He knows in a few years few will remember his histrionics, but everybody will remember his achievements. For Messi pushing himself and excelling at the highest level is no longer the sole priority and us fans will sooner or later have to accept it.

Last edited:

Andrew M

And u totally believe this hhh look at our formation in liverpool game, how he can as to play attacking football when u have bob, and 2 turtles in the midfield, he has no balls at all, just look at his change this game and roma game, took off our best working player vidal and let his beloved player raki stay on hhhh joke coach

In the Anfield case it's more a matter of physicality and athleticism than just attacking football.

clemente

Let's pretend like we expected Messi to say anything else when there is literally a final game left :lol: fucking melts
If Messi doesn't throw a tantrum after the final, then at least you can have a reason to be a toxic inbred and call him names

Messigician

[MENTION=23192]Messigician[/MENTION]

the reason we can't play 'attacking football' is due to 2 of Messi's best friends :lol:

maybe hes loyal to his buddies, loyal to a fault and i'm not hating on Leo atall. but this is about the bigger picture.. if 3 CLs in a row for our arch rivals + 2 CL meltdowns isn't enough to motivate the players then what will?

It's not always about motivation

City were motivated to win UCL for the first time but were beaten by Spurs who we handled with ease who actually had Kane available the city games.

Ajax were motivated but conceded 3 in the second half, what about PSG? First UCL on the cards after scoring 4 past us but then conceded 6! How would the PSG fans feel.

Our problem is the players not the coach. Valverde has some a great job with the players that aren't Barca quality

Coutinho was a ghost, Dembele was injured in a key fixture again just like last season, and we habe Suarez and Messi refusing or unable to press.

People underate Messi's influence, he basically told Sampaolo to get stuffed and changed the system during the world cup and nearly got Lucho sacked.

If EV wants to sell players but Messi says no do you think playwrs would be sold? Do you think ant coach has authority for that? Pep wasn't allowed to get rid off Pique and Alves let alone Messi's best friend Suarez.

The facts are the situation is complicated, at first I wanted EV sacked ASAP but after considering everything I do not think he is at fault as people believe.

Here they all come, all the undercover Ronaldo fanboys . Ronaldo they guy that wants to win so much he gets pissed off when one of his teammates scores. That's exactly what Barca is missing

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Let's pretend like we expected Messi to say anything else when there is literally a final game left :lol: fucking melts
If Messi doesn't throw a tantrum after the final, then at least you can have a reason to be a toxic inbred and call him names

How about giving a professional fucking answer like : " It's not up to me if Valverde should resign or not" , instead of giving those pathetic answers how Valverde is doing a great job and hopes for him to continue next year . And that goes for all the other senior players.

But hey , it is what it is. Let's hope for another remontada to make it a three-peat

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Praising ronaldo and then saying it's about club not individual is literally an oxymoron. Ronaldo plays for Ronaldo.

Ronaldo would have told Suarez to fuck off rather than be buddy buddies with him. He's not perfect and his flaws, but he'll never tolerate mediocrity and complacency.

And yeah calling anybody who even slightly praises Ronaldo as a Ronaldo fanboy. Top level discussion there mate :lol:

Messigician

Compare Busquets workrate to Kante.

One of the biggest problems this squad has is Busquets, for our style to work we need to be press resistant besides Arthur which of our midfielders is press resistant? Busquets loses the ball to LaLiga sides fighting relegation and you think he will play well in big UCL games?

Another problem is Rakitic, he is clearly exhausted and isn't even a workhorse anymore, problem is Arthur has gotten fat and has lost form so who can he play that's better? Elena and Puiq have shown glimpses of what they can do but also heaps of bad things they aren't generational midfielders.

Cule4life

The Culest
Compare Busquets workrate to Kante.

One of the biggest problems this squad has is Busquets, for our style to work we need to be press resistant besides Arthur which of our midfielders is press resistant? Busquets loses the ball to LaLiga sides fighting relegation and you think he will play well in big UCL games?

Another problem is Rakitic, he is clearly exhausted and isn't even a workhorse anymore, problem is Arthur has gotten fat and has lost form so who can he play that's better? Elena and Puiq have shown glimpses of what they can do but also heaps of bad things they aren't generational midfielders.

What happens when Busi-Raki continue to play next season and Frenkir/Arthur fight for the 3rd spot. Will Valgreen still be blameless then? :lol:

Messigician

Ronaldo would have told Suarez to fuck off rather than be buddy buddies with him. He's not perfect and his flaws, but he'll never tolerate mediocrity and complacency.

And yeah calling anybody who even slightly praises Ronaldo as a Ronaldo fanboy. Top level discussion there mate :lol:

Ronaldo tolerated mediocrity for many years. 2 league titles in 9 years and before 2014 0 UCL titles. His success camelater in life no reason Messi can't do the same and win 3 UCL in a row after this year with De Jong and co

Home of Barca Fans