10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Ritchie

World Cup in 2022 will be 32 teams, so if he sticks around for the qualifiers it's another 18 game slog to try and drag Argentina into the top 4 in qualifying single handed again and blamed if he can't.

He should really consider stepping down for good after these Copas. Maybe come back for the tournament if Argentina qualify without him.

Last edited:

clemente

Most players had to have that winner instinct, extremely driven never-give-up type of personality to make it to the top. Even Ronaldo used to stay hours after training practicing free kicks. Leo was born with superior talent to anyone and never had to fight like most other players had. So he's not gonna bring forth that mentality when needed since he doesn't have it in him. No fault, he's probably just like most normal persons except born with extraordinary footballing talents

What a stupid fucking comment.
No one ever has as many desperate bailout moments as Messi.
You have literally 0 proof that anyone has ever worked harder than Messi, he was playing with the ball in his school every time there was a break, stop spreading that nonsense that he's lucky.

michelco

You have literally 0 proof that anyone has ever worked harder than Messi, he was playing with the ball in his school every time there was a break, stop spreading that nonsense that he's lucky.

lmao you seem to have a limited grasp of the English language since you completely misunderstood my whole point. Dat rage though, quite like it

raskolnikov

Its part of the media pushed messi vs ronaldo debate.
Ronaldo works harder than anyone and has zero talent while Messi has all the talent and no work ethic.

In reality Ronaldo is way more talented than your average player, just cause he worked hard and overachieved doesnt make him comparable to our below average football skills. If you have a normal guy with insane work ethic he would be Kuyt at best not Ronaldo.

Same goes for Messi, the longetivity shows his dedication and work ethic.
Otherwise he wpuld be someone like Quaresma or Ben Arfa for lack of example. Or possibly a rich man’s Emre Mor to make it even worse.
Dont fall for the marketing and pr.

Allthough to be honest, I have always likes the Goku vs Vegeta comparison. It reflects the reality perfectly without fallibg for the extreme marketing narrative.

clemente

lmao you seem to have a limited grasp of the English language since you completely misunderstood my whole point. Dat rage though, quite like it

"Leo was born with superior talent to anyone and never had to fight"
"he's probably just like most normal persons"
"he's not gonna bring forth that mentality when needed since he doesn't have it in him"

Oh if only I had good enough English to understand what you're saying here.

ManusXavi

With Messi, it seems like he could easily do more to help us win in certain matches if he was motivated enough to.

Dybala said once he finds it hard playing with Leo as they both like to occupy the same zones and axes. Perhaps Dyb in the RM could provide long or through balls to Leo, or drive the ball forward while Leo shifts to the centre.

This is why Messi can never be my favourite player. I prefer Ronaldo but. . . .

Its not Messi's fault. As I have said before no one plays the style Messi plays anywhere near Messi's ability and there are still two other forwards. Where the heck was Coutinho and Suarez runs for through balls.
Dybala also needs to know his role and start making runs if he wants to work well with Messi.

This is why Messi can never be my favourite player. I prefer Ronaldo but. . . .

Its not Messi's fault. As I have said before no one plays the style Messi plays anywhere near Messi's ability and there are still two other forwards. Where the heck was Coutinho and Suarez runs for through balls.
Dybala also needs to know his role and start making runs if he wants to work well with Messi.

Respect our opinion but personally don't see how any Barca fan who has watched a lot of Leo, could prefer CR7 as a footballer even if the narrative Messi tries less, and is motivated less is true (I personally think that narrative is BS).

There are a lot of pro Ronaldo/Real Madrid narratives that get pushed forward in the press and the Ronaldo works harder, is more motivated and clutch are some of them. Have you noticed how the value of the CL has increased tenfold since CR and RM did their 3peat? When CR7 won his Serie A POTY award :lol: he tweeted about how he had won it in 3 countries - the ONE main argument used that he is a better than Messi by his fanboys. Coincidence? I think not. This is all very well prepared and planned PR, make no mistake. I also remember how during the WC there were rumours about Messi getting divorced, not blaming that one on CR's PR team, but that was very 'convenient' don't you think?

ManusXavi

Respect our opinion but personally don't see how any Barca fan who has watched a lot of Leo, could prefer CR7 as a footballer even if the narrative Messi tries less, and is motivated less is true (I personally think that narrative is BS).
For me it is the style of play rather than Ronaldo himself. A running player is what I love. That is why I would have loved Malcom playing vs Liverpool

FCB1987

Banned
There are a lot of pro Ronaldo/Real Madrid narratives that get pushed forward in the press and the Ronaldo works harder, is more motivated and clutch are some of them. Have you noticed how the value of the CL has increased tenfold since CR and RM did their 3peat? When CR7 won his Serie A POTY award :lol: he tweeted about how he had won it in 3 countries - the ONE main argument used that he is a better than Messi by his fanboys. Coincidence? I think not. This is all very well prepared and planned PR, make no mistake. I also remember how during the WC there were rumours about Messi getting divorced, not blaming that one on CR's PR team, but that was very 'convenient' don't you think?

How do Messi divorce rumors help Ronaldo? If Messi knows his marriage is going well, he's not going to panic and start playing terribly because random people on twitter are spreading rumors.

Ronaldo working harder and being more motivated isn't a media narrative, just like it isn't a media narrative that Messi has far more talent and footballing ability than him. Both are clear from watching them play and what people in the game say about them.

Also, make a new account because seeing your username gives everyone here cancer.

How do Messi divorce rumors help Ronaldo? If Messi knows his marriage is going well, he's not going to panic and start playing terribly because random people on twitter are spreading rumors.

Ronaldo working harder and being more motivated isn't a media narrative, just like it isn't a media narrative that Messi has far more talent and footballing ability than him. Both are clear from watching them play and what people in the game say about them.

Also, make a new account because seeing your username gives everyone here cancer.

I agree that CR works harder and is more motivated, the media narrative however is so extreme you would think Cr does bench presses in his sleep whilst after losing Messi goes home cracks open a 6 pack of coca cola , devours on pizza, rolls in to bed and sleeps without a care in the world. At the start of the season I was reading reports of how CR had the body of a 23 yr old? It's beyond irrational.

Messi is in great shape for his age and motivated, his sadness after the CL defeat proves it. Yet he is portrayed as some lazy, disinterested bum who has been spoilt by the graces bestowed upon him by Almighty God. The divorce rumors probably didn't effect him but question why? He's been with Anto all his life and then the WC comes along and out of nowhere divorce rumours spread? WHY? HOW? Ask yourselves. Damn they tried to frame him as cheating on Anto in LA when he was chillin with R9. WHY? HOW?

A few years ago CR7 when winning the golden shoe and overtaking Messi said that it was a more important award because it was based on stats and not opinions. Now Messi is about to overtake him in Golden Shoes no-one gives two shits in the media. HOW? WHY? Clear as day there is an Real Madrid/ CR7 agenda in the media.

Im not going ovwrite an essay, but whoever thinks messi doesnt work hard is just oblivious. Robinho, Ronaldinho, quaresma etc. all players who were extremely talented, how did their careers go? Ronaldinho, the best example, maxed out in his mid-late 20s, the guy was crazy talented. Messi is in his 30s and going stonger than ever... his diet is crazy, he keeps himsef healthy and fit, he works his ass off. Its not easy being he best player in the world for 10+ years.

Pedro

La Masia
Messi 18/19 - 50 goals
Ronaldo 18/19 - 28 goals

Messi's scored 22 more goals than Ronaldo this season, this is Ronaldo's worst goal scoring season since 2008-09 with Man Utd.

[MENTION=22956]FCB1987[/MENTION]

[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

Last edited:

ManusXavi

Messi was working hard in his style vs Liverpool. It just wasn't the style needed. When Coutinho and Suarez are not making frequent runs Messi a) failed to make frequent runs himself off the ball behind the defense and b) failed to tell Suarez and Coutinho to do their job more frequently

Home of Barca Fans