10 - Lionel Messi - V6

underoath

Banned
So it looks like the race for the European golden boot isn’t over yet.

Mbappe has been banned for 3 matches. Meaning he will play PSGs last 2 games. One is against Dijon at home, Dijon are terrible defensively. Could see mbappe scoring quite a few in that game alone.

Messi probably has maybe one La Liga game left? I think maybe Valverde Will rest him this weekend and then possibly for the final league game in preparation for cup final and CL final.

So maybe getafe at home his one game. Messi can get at least a couple goals there.

Just hope that Neymar will be selfish ad take all the shots :lol:

Horatio

You're welcome
Are we aware that if we win treble it will be during Messis first tenure as Barca captain? What a way to start.

cro-man

[tw]1124385657487409152[/tw]

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Image: A group of Everton fans also brought a Barça banner to their game against Burnley today! <a href="https://t.co/M3LhICzSgJ">pic.twitter.com/M3LhICzSgJ</a></p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1124454394974441474?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">3. Mai 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How much hate towards liverpool:lol:

FinBarcelonafan

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Image: A group of Everton fans also brought a Barça banner to their game against Burnley today! <a href="https://t.co/M3LhICzSgJ">pic.twitter.com/M3LhICzSgJ</a></p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1124454394974441474?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">3. Mai 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How much hate towards liverpool:lol:

I like Everton a lot. They are English Barca.

Ripsta

Has any player in history won 3 trebles?

Busquets, Pique and Messi on the cusp of becoming the first, it's an outrageous achievment if managed.

Three in the space of ten years, actually, it's fucking ridiculous. Valverde needs to be booted out the club if he fucks it up now.

khaled_a_d

If we do struggle now against mid-lower table teams without Messi, can you imagine how many points we gonna lose playing week in and week out without him?

The figure was posted here and was compared to another figure for another Ballon d'Or winner Ronaldo. The figure showed we will end up at the bottom half of the table. Now someone like [MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION] will say we played some good football when Messi was injured. Might be true for few games like Real and ATM maybe? Can't remember but playing Real (with Messi or without him) will always be special for our players and give them extra motivation. Now can the team play the same level of football they played in Clasico or close to that level every week? No, and we all saw how we struggled especially when Messi isn't playing.

-You can't really use those hypothetical table as evidence, ton of variables changes.

-We have played 4 games without Messi during injury, against RM, against Inter twice and against Rayo. 3 wins and 1 draw, the draw was at Inter away (3rd best team in Italy) and we deserved a comfortable win. With a good 10 goals scored in those 4 games.
Worth noting that happened with him being replaced by Rafinha, and the next few games after he came back our performance took a hit.

-Can we play like we played without Messi on a consistent basis? Small sample size suggest "Yes" as the answer. We showed we are clearly better than teams like Inter & CR7 less RM. We have showed during the season that our defense is as strong as anyone bar Atletic (unless they are facing Cristiano). Our midfield isn't as dynamic as we would like it to be, but it is still way better than most elite teams in Europe.

Someone like [MENTION=22463]Joan[/MENTION] will say the team is built around Messi, that's why we depend on him. True, but Real was built around Ronaldo too, there are reasonable arguments to be made for a handful of world-class players of various positions that their teams built around them. But those teams relied on team cohesion and dynamics which are common factors in a successful team. Michael Jordan said, "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." And that's why we usually struggle in UCL because this team too dependent on individual talent(s) while lacking any cohesion and team chemistry.

Messi is the GOAT, but he is also a tactical problem, that has been well documented and debated for ages now. The team being built around him is to use his strength and cover his weakness. Admitly Messi has been welling to do a little bit of more work this year, last game against Liverpool he moved a lot to the right side to keep Robertson from attacking our right flank for example. But that neutralized Messi himself, 4 years ago Messi still dominated when he played on that side.

There is also a question of what do you mean "without Messi"? Replacing him with vacuum like we did this season when Rafinha was his replacement? Sure the team will take a huge step back, Suarez is shit half of the year, Coutinho is shit 87.36% of the season while Dembele is missing 2 thirds of the year. Only Suarez is reliable goal scorer. We would still most likely be a CL QF level of team. top 3 in Liga, saying we will be Alaves is exaggerating it badly.
But if he is replaced another reliable goal scorer, team would still be dangerous and semi-elite.
And our team right now is very coherent, static but coherent

underoath

Banned
Busquets, Pique and Messi on the cusp of becoming the first, it's an outrageous achievment if managed.

Three in the space of ten years, actually, it's fucking ridiculous. Valverde needs to be booted out the club if he fucks it up now.

How about booted the players who will be part of it too :lol:

Ripsta

Can't see the poll since it was reopened, i got banned from there years ago for taking no shit in the Messi/Ronaldo debate with that twat Cal. What's the result atm?

Jaguar

Flair Trait
[youtube]IjxOSp9zwg8[/youtube]

Okay I'm confused. I did think it took a SLIGHT deflection, yet 0:13 it legit doesn't look like it took a deflection at all? Anyone else think that or is it just me?

Vilarrubi

[youtube]IjxOSp9zwg8[/youtube]

Okay I'm confused. I did think it took a SLIGHT deflection, yet 0:13 it legit doesn't look like it took a deflection at all? Anyone else think that or is it just me?

Can’t tell on these at all.. the BT Sport ones are in 1080p and you can tell it takes no deflection.

Home of Barca Fans