10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Havesaks

How much does the result from the first 2-3 months of next season will effect ballon d or odds ?

Of course its a little bit early to say this now, but it looks like it's already a lock deal that this season is him. Even, if ajax manage to beat us in final (fingers crossed). What remains is the first 2-3 months next season. Without looking how his potential copa america particiption will end.

Basically means nothing the last years. Even tho they says its about the whole calendar year, basically its about january to summer, and also feels more like a seasonal award from summer to summer. We have basically advanced vs LFC and that means Messi will win b dor even if he lose both copa and chl.

Vilarrubi

How much does the result from the first 2-3 months of next season will effect ballon d or odds ?

Of course its a little bit early to say this now, but it looks like it's already a lock deal that this season is him. Even, if ajax manage to beat us in final (fingers crossed). What remains is the first 2-3 months next season. Without looking how his potential copa america particiption will end.

It doesn’t matter this year what happens from now as there is no one close to him in terms of goals/trophies/performances.

The only realistic candidates after Juve/Ronaldo and PSG/Mbappe went out were Van Dijk/Salah/Mane winning a PL and CL double... 5% chance of happening now? And maybe Sterling if they had done the quadruple.. 0% now. Messi has won it end of.

khaled_a_d

If we qualify to the final, then he won the ballon. Only chance to lose it is a remontada from Liverpool.
Let's ensure that won't happen

Havesaks

It was hard to gauge what was going on with Leo in that first half, he looked frustrated and often times even tired (Bent over with his hands on his knees). I do wonder how much, if at all, fans chanting his name periodically throughout the match to inspire him had any impact. Such a wonderful atmosphere in the stadium, singing on the way out -what a night

What? That wasn't my impression at all from the first half. He was a beast, ran like crazy, was fired up, took on dusin of lfc player, dribbling was great and good as it gets, and singlehandly stood for our offensive output with some help from vidal and Suarez /while coutinho didn't contribute. I liked his first half better than his second when speaking of general play.

__

Messi really looked like a captain tonight. I felt a bit sorry for Vidal, but the guy can take it.

Ritchie

1st May 2005: Leo Messi scores his first goal for FC Barcelona.

1st May 2019: Leo Messi scores his 600th goal for FC Barcelona (in his 1st season as the 1st captain) exactly 14 years to the day.

That's a rate of 42.86 goals per year ❗️❗️❗️ Remember back when if a player had a 30+ goal season, we deemed it spectacular? Messi has scored 40+ goals in his 10th consecutive season! Think about that for a moment! We Cules, who are watching him play week in week out know just how special he is, but the rest of the football fan base is yet to find out. The moment Messi (and CR) retires, we'll go back to admiring players for having a 30+ goal single season, and yet after 15 years of watching Messi making every season like that, nothing will ever be the same and many of us won't even be able to enjoy football that much in general.

I remember wondering if Ronaldo's 96/97 season would ever be matched again with goals or quality of goals.

JackaL

giphy.gif

Caption this!

Xtroverto

It has been for some times now no question that Lionel Messi is the best goalscorer of all time, here is another comparison if for whatever reason anyone thought different.

Age of all players to date scoring goal nr 600 at club level (only official matches)

31 years and 311 days Lionel Messi 1/5 2019
32 years and 2 days Pelé 25/10 1972
34 years and 81 days Cristiano Ronaldo 27/4 2019
34 years and 275 days Josef Bican 26/6 1948
35 years and 198 days Gerd Muller 20/5 1981
37 years and 178 days Ference Puskas 27/9 1964
38 years and ??? days Romário in 2004

JackaL

giphy.gif

Caption this!

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. [...] but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. [...] I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you."

Messi10

"Let's not waste Messis best years" seems to have died a little.

No wonder Messi loves Valverde as he has proved that he doesn't waste his best year on a developmental project with kids and the Cruyff way[SUP]TM[/SUP] and no trophies in the end, but gives him the titles he deserve. Valverdes project is to depend on Messi, give him clean sheets and a great defence and leave it to him and his BFF to score. As they always scores and decides the games it is a great plan. More secure to get trophies that way (at least in the last 2 years it has been) than score 5 when opponent regularly scores 3-4 against you, imo.

When Messis CL-thirst is satisfied for now with one this year, and competing next year with a better squad, then we can begin to have this "CL is a bonus" mentality again, which could help to win it even more, as we have seen with Real. That is what I dream of/hope for, anyway.

I'm open to the possibility that the arrival of e.g. Griezmann could help us get so many goals that we could slack a bit in defence to score more goals. But until we have won this CL and maybe 1 other the most secure way, I'm ready to wait for that.

Mans about to win a treble of treble's. Roanldo hasnt even come close to one

ini4ever

Wish he could keep staying motivated all the time, the body language and reactions of him last night and throughout this CL campaign shows he really wants it as he promised in the beginning and he's about to deliver it what a man.

Home of Barca Fans