10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Havesaks

Argentina are nothing but trouble from our point of view. Messi should have left them in the cold ages ago.

Should never have chosen them in the first place. Just imaigne his confidence (and throphy, legend etc) if he had chosen Spain. Barca would have benefitted a lot from that.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Should never have chosen them in the first place. Just imaigne his confidence (and throphy, legend etc) if he had chosen Spain. Barca would have benefitted a lot from that.

Myopic if not altogether ignorant post, the goat is Argentinean- you represent what you are passionate about, not choosing based on winning

Havesaks

We still would have had those and he would be considered a sell out for choosing Spain.
Argentina is his country so its the right pick. Its just been run terribly and he has been very unlucky.

Not sure if that is true. If he felt more connected to spain and chose them from the start no one would blame him, its not like spain was considered the better team back then. I myself moved to another country at age 11, and pretty quickly "changed" nationality in my mind.

Anyway - even tho it morally was the right pick, the argentiniens have often treated him like trash considering how much effort he has put into it. He deserved better. And im sure spain would have treated him better.

Vilarrubi

Messi actually has Spanish roots (Catalan) so it would have been an easier choice for him than players like Diego Costa or Marcos Senna.

He started playing for Argentina in 2005 and Spain weren’t anything like they were a few years later so there no way of knowing they’d win so much.

raskolnikov

Not sure if that is true. If he felt more connected to spain and chose them from the start no one would blame him, its not like spain was considered the better team back then. I myself moved to another country at age 11, and pretty quickly "changed" nationality in my mind.

Anyway - even tho it morally was the right pick, the argentiniens have often treated him like trash considering how much effort he has put into it. He deserved better. And im sure spain would have treated him better.
Argentinians would always label him a traitor and fuelingbthe not getting out of his comfort zone argument while always saying Messi would/should have won them a wc rather than spain.
Argentinians are like madridista’s in a way. Entitled cynical people who expected a lot and are not very grateful.
It would have been better if he chose spain for Barcelona but it was the right decision to pick Argentina imo.

Just look at Messi, despite the pecho frio appearence and stoic behaviour he behaves Argentine, lives like that, eats like that, marries an Argentinian girl, doesnt speak catalan, speaks with an Argentinian accent and probably watches shows and listens to music from there. He is about as Argentinian as they come from an outside perspective.

Its sucks he’a been unlucky with the finals but thats in hindsight.

BusiTheKing

Whereas earlier in his career, his form was more black or white, it seems that he's starting to get to know himself better mentally and becoming more adjusted as a result. It used to be, that he was either full on, top gear, ready and hungry or really anxious and sluggish or apathetic. The game last night, he was far from firing on all cylinders, but he still seemed focused and got a lot out of nearly every action.

I definitely think he's evolved in that aspect to a point where he now knows better how to get the best out of himself even when he's anxious or mentally or physically exhausted. That's comfort for him and means that he can keep his confidence up in tougher times ie. avoid being anxious about being anxious.

LMTR14

and now he might miss the first game against manu because of that shitshow yesterday. FUCK the arg national team and fuck messi's bad decision making

Home of Barca Fans