10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Horatio

You're welcome
He had a good game. Didnt get disposessed, good in tight spaces, good decisions and Real shat their pants everytime he had the ball.

sickstar

Only temporarily slowed his game probably due to him feeling some inconvenience with his thigh (the tv showed them). But im shocked he chase defenders 10 minutes after. Maybe he thought, lack of goals could lead to discomfort lol.

Overall better from last match, unlucky on a few occasions, less dispossed, some good runs, 5 shots, a few nice passes in front of goal. Much livelier than last one which i consider his quietest game in a while.

Man of the match is the whole defense though.

Total-Football

terrible game by messi. a spade is a spade.
when an old overweight donkey like suarez looks more sharp than you on the pitch then something is wrong.

I hope it is just fatigue because we are not going to aim for a treble with the way messi played the last two games.

EdmondDantes

Not as bad as Wednesday but he looks fatigued. He still fought and battled and sprayed some clever passes here and there but he struggled with the pace of the game at times.

And Leo's free-kicks are nothing like last season.

Raketa10

He was way better compared to wednesday though. Easily a 7/10 performance. Seemed he has a slight groin injury by the way.

That also annoyed me. If you are injured you should request a sub but insted of that every time he feels something wrong he just stops running. That's not the right way and that's not fair towards your teammates not to mention he risked more serious injury. Even if you are the GOAT you should request a sub and let someone else take your place when injured or fatigued. Simple as that!

Last edited:

Ritchie

when an old overweight donkey like suarez looks more sharp than you on the pitch then something is wrong.

I hope it is just fatigue because we are not going to aim for a treble with the way messi played the last two games.

He shouldn't play in the Copa until the final if we get there. Costs us every year.

eaman

Do you understand the meaning of terrible? Messi had a good game. Besides all his clever passes, chances created, through balls, fouls gained and ability to hold the ball under pressure he actually defended well tonight as well. Actually why am I even arguing you're obviously a troll

FinBarcelonafan

That also annoyed me. If you are injured you should request a sub but insted of that every time he feels something wrong he just stops running. That's not the right way and that's not fair towards your teammates not to mention he risked more serious injury. Even if you are the GOAT you should request a sub and let someone else take your place when injured or fatigued. Simple as that!

I agree and this is how he looked after touching his groin. He was cautious.

Mitchell1978

Some here are spoiled rotten by Messi and Barcelona, he can't score a hattrick every time or even score every game.

And some will only be content if he runs 11km a game which he probably hasn't done in more then a decade if ever.

sickstar

No, no, hes clearly better than wednesday, you could see it obviously. Only not lucky with the goal. Hes probably even better than sevilla game, only left his scoring boot home, thats the only difference.

Had one moment touching his groin, and he slowed for a moment. You could see him running hard after some time, so it shouldnt be a matter of concern.

sickstar

In an interview with the Financial Times, Valverde explained how Messi spends the "first minutes" of every game walking around and analysing the opposition defence for weaknesses.

And once he finds those weaknesses, that's when his game really starts.

"As the game advances, he (Messi) gets in little by little," added Valverde. "But he knows perfectly where the rivals' weaknesses are."

Dont know if this was posted before.

FCB1987

Banned
In an interview with the Financial Times, Valverde explained how Messi spends the "first minutes" of every game walking around and analysing the opposition defence for weaknesses.

"As the game advances, he (Messi) gets in little by little," added Valverde. "But he knows perfectly where the rivals' weaknesses are."

Valverde probably taught him that

FinBarcelonafan

That's pretty cool!

Home of Barca Fans