10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Mitchell1978

For me personally, CL alone is way more important than La Liga+CDR+Spanish Supercup+Euro supercup+World club championship.
CL is THE ONLY tournament out there where ALL big boys are playing and where everyone plays with 120%.

This has been clear from your usual endless drivel, you're probably someone who started following barca when they were dominating the CL.
But most of the games are played in the league (2/3), without the league there is no CL, you have to be consistent to win it, its a grind or marathon and everybody plays the same teams so imo its fairer.

While in the CL or any cup cometition there's an element of luck, referee decisions and a lot of randomness in determining results.

GabKoost

This ↑

Man if you replace Messi with Ronaldo, this Barca team would've been in La Liga relegation territory. With zero delivery at the box, Ronaldo would be lucky if he managed to reach double digits in goals. Not even trollin

The fuck with these BS Ronaldo = Messi comparisons. Bunch of pussy accountants counting trophies when there's so many variables at play. :whatever:

Would have Messi been able to almost jump over Alex Sandro, a strong guy 6 years younger than Ronaldo, at the 92nd minute, and literally win the game with a header that was at the root of that penalty (even if it is a 50/50 call)?

I agree that the comparisons are fdup because both players are EXTREMELY influential. Messi's game is just a lot easier to spot than Ronaldo who has moments of physical brilliance that can go buy unnoticed for most.

People also think Portugal's win in the Euro was sheer luck. But look at the entire qualification stage? Ronaldo scored like 80% of the goals. And he has done it again this World Cup qualifiers.

Now let me ask you:

Would Messi have been bale to pull Portugal mediocre team scoring and assisting in nearly every game for the past 4 years?

As you can see. These questions are not as linear.

You are so fucking bitter.

Ronaldo is by far their best player and reason they are so deadly on the break and tough to defend so deep against.

If Real are so brilliant as a team and Barca so shit why are Barcelona and Messi getting the better of them domestically and in head to heads?

The issue is not about one team in Real being so superior in every position it is about Barcelona absolutely fucking up the CL and playing like meek wimps too often.

Shut up idiot!!! How pathetic of a Ronaldo fanboy you should be for replying my post even after I threw you in ignore list.

Last edited:

sickstar

Madrid was saved by referee. Would those compliments be around if penalty didn't happen? Who knows..
With different referee, it wouldn't have been penalty.
Madrid was as shit as we are most of the game. the difference only they came out sooner, rather than keep fortifying the defense with wrong player (Andre of all people). We realized too late.

Despite that all, it's still a half ass penalty given. So again, fortuna still on madrid side.

Givenchy

Shut up idiot!!! How pathetic of a Ronaldo fanboy you should be for replying my post even after I threw you in ignore list.

dude chill, i disagree with Jam on alot of stuff but hes not a Ronaldo fan boy, its the sad reality. there are Ronaldo fanboys on here though, not gonna name them but you can see them in his thread

No way in hell Messi should be the main captain next season after Iniesta leaves.

Not even close to captain material.

We've been gradually downgrading in captains for the last couple years.

Puyol (perfect leader) to Xavi (not as good as Puyol, but still a warrior) to Iniesta (not a good captain) to Messi (even worse than Iniesta).

We need someone that can lift the team through adversity and rally the troops when the going gets tough.

Imagine we need one goal to qualify for the next round of the CL, could you imagine Messi trying to get the team drilled straight?

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
No way in hell Messi should be the main captain next season after Iniesta leaves.

Not even close to captain material.

We've been gradually downgrading in captains for the last couple years.

Puyol (perfect leader) to Xavi (not as good as Puyol, but still a warrior) to Iniesta (not a good captain) to Messi (even worse than Iniesta).

We need someone that can lift the team through adversity and rally the troops when the going gets tough.

Imagine we need one goal to qualify for the next round of the CL, could you imagine Messi trying to get the team drilled straight?
Mascherano is what I had in mind before he fled to China. Ter Stegen is the only 1 IMO who can. He has a tad bit of Oliver Kahn to him :D

Kragod

Would Messi have been bale to pull Portugal mediocre team scoring and assisting in nearly every game for the past 4 years?

Definitely yes, on both scoring and assisting. Not only that, he would also control the flow of the game in midfield, and pre-assisting as well( which most people dont know what it means or underestimate).

it just how you view football

for many it is enough to play like shit most of the season and just appear in some games & score penalties

its ok that you are out of the match & do nothing but waiting for a lucky tap in

messi needs to realise that his body needs rest & should be 100% for the big occasions cause fans & media will for forget what you have done all season

snowy

Would have Messi been able to almost jump over Alex Sandro, a strong guy 6 years younger than Ronaldo, at the 92nd minute, and literally win the game with a header that was at the root of that penalty (even if it is a 50/50 call)?

I agree that the comparisons are fdup because both players are EXTREMELY influential. Messi's game is just a lot easier to spot than Ronaldo who has moments of physical brilliance that can go buy unnoticed for most.

People also think Portugal's win in the Euro was sheer luck. But look at the entire qualification stage? Ronaldo scored like 80% of the goals. And he has done it again this World Cup qualifiers.

Now let me ask you:

Hats off to Ronaldo for his aerial prowess. Dude's a terrific leaper and definitely the kangaroo guru of headers!

To answer your question as to whether Messi could've carried mediocre Portugal over the last 4 years, don't see why not. He's the more accurate shooter, passer, controller, creator, provider, retainer, … root+ er ad infinitum :D

Whenever playing with his NT, it's like they set up base camp and Messi has to turn into a super-sherpa and carry his choke-king teammates to the Death Zone.

You're right that Ronaldo plays the Alpha Dog captain role better though he's lucky to be surrounded by compliant beta-type teammates. Insert another big ego in the mix like Zlatan or Neymar and big chances they'd clash both in the locker room and on the field. In contrast, look how much Ney enjoyed linking up with Messi. Just having the chance of sharing the field with him on the big stage should be enough of a motivation anyways! If players can't be self-motivated and hungry for wins, just move on already and go :fishing:

eaman

Now let me ask you:

Ya a Portugal team who were lucky that 3 teams qualified from a group. The only game in the group they played well against were the rubbish Hungary. And did you see some of Ronaldos lucky assists in the euros. Would Ronaldo have gotten that mediocre argentina team to the world cup final? Remember Messi singlehandedly got them out of the group. 3 of his four goals were pure individual efforts with no real service

clemente

Wow he actually left training early being sad, he is seeing his legacy slipping away from him, I knew staying at this club will be a mistake, fuck this board, SPINELESS teammates and the manager.

snowy

It's really sad man. To have this one in a lifetime player and instead of rewarding his loyalty, they kept making bullshit signings one after another. Except for Ney, Suarez and Umtiti. But even then, with the prestige Barca had, they could've/should've hired a bunch of savvy sharky lawyers and drawn contracts based mainly on bonuses and huge penalties in case of drop in performances + the option to kick them out in case of sustained bad performances :lol: Not even sure if that's possible but I would've certainly tried it.

When you've been given a Messi as a gift, you gotta cherish and nurture it. Sem/Demb and Couti are good signings! So is Griezmann and Arthur so let's hope for the best.

Home of Barca Fans