10 - Lionel Messi - v5

JamDav1982

Xavi Torres said that he has no working relationship, but will still renew, however on new terms presumably after the mess this transfer window turned out to be.

Actually he said he did indeed give his father the authority to sign on it before his marriage, but is not keen on being a part of any photo session right now.

Wants more money?

If he wants more money to be in the photo not sure what to make of that.

JamDav1982

I think an easy way out as leverage in case they flop again next summer. The financial details agreed upon.

What do you mean?

He wants a lower buy out?

Wouldnt be surprised if it is to do with money and no longer making him best paid in world as well.

Neymessi

Argentina were just very unlucky to not win the game. Were easily the better team and created a lot of chances.

JamDav1982

Argentina were just very unlucky to not win the game. Were easily the better team and created a lot of chances.

They were for first half and looked a good system but after Di Maria went off was too easy for Venenzuala to defend deep and narrow.

Some of their player choices seem crazy though.

5ergio_Busquets

They were for first half and looked a good system but after Di Maria went off was too easy for Venenzuala to defend deep and narrow.

Some of their player choices seem crazy though.

With all the players Argentina has playing in top European leagues Sampaoli choses players like Acuna, Pizarro, Acosta, Fazio and Benedetto!
Also the goalkeeper Romero is very weak, Rulli the goalkeeper of Real Sociedad is much better.
Sampaoli turned out to be not as good as some people thought, no tactics and strange formations.
I expected that he at least would bring some positive spirit to the team but so far he didn't manage to do that.

JamDav1982

With all the players Argentina has playing in top European leagues Sampaoli choses players like Acuna, Pizarro, Acosta, Fazio and Benedetto!
Also the goalkeeper Romero is very weak, Rulli the goalkeeper of Real Sociedad is much better.
Sampaoli turned out to be not as good as some people thought, no tactics and strange formations.
I expected that he at least would bring some positive spirit to the team but so far he didn't manage to do that.

There is no one that can link the midfield to the attack. Personally think Lanzini should be in there to do that and allow Messi to play in final third.

5ergio_Busquets

There is no one that can link the midfield to the attack. Personally think Lanzini should be in there to do that and allow Messi to play in final third.

There is generally a chaos in the midfield and in the whole team with Sampaoli's stupid 3 defender formation.
The problem is that Messi doesn't even seem to like playing further forward, it seems like he doesn't like the ball played to him in a good position near the opponents penalty area. He only involves himself in an attack if he is the one who started it from the midfield otherwise he stays in the midfield and watches.

Neeraj

Messi's decision to come back is going south real quick. If Argentina don't qualify now, he will be vilified even more than he already has, and if anything, his team has gotten even worse than they were before.

At least if Argentina failed to qualify without him, it would serve as a big 'Fuck You' to all the ungrateful Argentinians blaming him for everything, when he's been a 1-man team for god knows how long now.

iniesta_8

Another poor match from Messi for the NT.. its so wrong to always blame his teammates! Of course Messi would have won so much more playing for Spain..

T

TS88

Another useless performance by Messi and Argentina, no surprises there. Venezuela are not a good side smh. I fear that Ronaldo will overtake Messi in BDs if Messi continues to play like this.

Last edited:

clemente

Tbh Argentina looked really good in the first half, looked like it could easily be 5-0, many missed easy chances, I put all the blame on Sampaoli because he really fucked everything up at the half time, and the whole Argentina team is all strikers but no1 can really replace Di Maria when needed..

Another poor match from Messi for the NT.. its so wrong to always blame his teammates! Of course Messi would have won so much more playing for Spain..

Only time will award Xavi and Iniesta the respect they truly deserve. Both are in my top15 of all time. Unquestionably. Unfortunately, Messi overshadowed them.

Home of Barca Fans