10 - Lionel Messi - v5

G_6O

Madrid's win over us have also mostly been shots from outside the box.

Shot from outside of the box but in 1vs1 situations on the counter attack.

Not shots from outside of the box with a packed defense between the ball and the goal

I really hope he doesn't decline as fast as Iniesta did once he hit the wrong side of 30.

Probably won't, Xavi ran a lot more than he does and he was godly until he hit 33.

raskolnikov

I really hope he doesn't decline as fast as Iniesta did once he hit the wrong side of 30.

Probably won't, Xavi ran a lot more than he does and he was godly until he hit 33.
I feel Iniesta would be much better if we were playing proper barca football. Same goes for busquets. Messi's biggest "flaw" is the walking around not running. As long as we got a posession based system and midfielders putting in defensive work he is good to go for 5 more years. He could easily go into a pirlo role or cruise in Argentina after that.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
looked lonely out there today. if we don't make atleast 2 signings that improve the first 11 this man will have to assist himself

I actually thought his teammates did OK and were trying to find him and provide him with the final pass whenever there was an opportunity. The problem is Messi relies on quick 1-2 a lot these days to get through our opponent's defense and there is nobody that does it better than Neymar and Dani Alves so he is having a hard time establishing that sort of chemistry and understanding with other players, especially those who haven't played with him for that long (for example Deulofeu and Vidal). It is going to be hard, even if we were to get for example Dembele.

Messi983

It was announced that they have agreed on a contract renewal.

My guess is he'll sign in first days of September. Not worried at all, he's not going anywhere.

Cool

Yesterday we played 4-2-3-1
DHvz7RkXoAA8kgj.jpg

Do you think if Suarez comes back, Messi will play behind him? or will we go back to 4-3-3 and have no right side again...

Yeah and if Roberto continues to impress then he might play as the RW if worst comes to worse and we don't sign Demeble. Or, Roberto will play next to Bus in a double pivot.

Windhook

The "false nine" tactic was used out of necessity, due to Suarez' injury. Sure it brings tons of goals to Messi, but in the long run the Argentine becomes predictable - the Chelsea 1/2 finals in 2012 and Bayern Munich in 2013. For full glory the club needs a predator striker like Eto'o, David Villa and Luis Suarez (before his decline which, I'm afraid, seems irreversible now).

ini4ever

The "false nine" tactic was used out of necessity, due to Suarez' injury. Sure it brings tons of goals to Messi, but in the long run the Argentine becomes predictable - the Chelsea 1/2 finals in 2012 and Bayern Munich in 2013. For full glory the club needs a predator striker like Eto'o, David Villa and Luis Suarez (before his decline which, I'm afraid, seems irreversible now).

How the hell Bayern Munich game has got to do with Messi being predictable ? the team was in shit form, Tito's problem and so many injuries, also Messi played well against Chelsea ( and team overall ) except the penalty, we were also unlucky.
Messi can't never be predictable since he can easily create a chance outta nowhere or start a run and dribble multiple players.

Home of Barca Fans