10 - Lionel Messi - v5

kilian

What crap? Although we are completely shit in build-up and play like bottom table premiership club, he was the one who missed the biggest chances yesterday and in a pretty shitty manner too. There were 2 or 3 chances I think, where he had a clear shot on goal, but he fucked it up with weird decisions to dribble. Clearly his mind is still in holiday mode. Needs to wake up, like everybody else in this club or else we are in for a zero titles season.

dakt

I'm not worried about him really. Just remember his performance the match before this one.
What could worry me somewhat is his attachment to Suarez in case when Suarez will be at the exit gates.

kilian

To he honest, I don`t care about some dribbles against Espanyol at home. We need him to be GOAT when it matters and we all know he is very much capable of that.

RevoTeller

What crap? Although we are completely shit in build-up and play like bottom table premiership club, he was the one who missed the biggest chances yesterday and in a pretty shitty manner too. There were 2 or 3 chances I think, where he had a clear shot on goal, but he fucked it up with weird decisions to dribble. Clearly his mind is still in holiday mode. Needs to wake up, like everybody else in this club or else we are in for a zero titles season.

Messi MORE than deserves a team which is capable to win even in those cases when he is shit (which of course never happens, Messi is never shit, it is just a theoretical situation), in the same, exact way Madrid does with that overrated, plastic doll of Cristiano Ronaldo: how many times Madrid managed to easily win games despite him being absolutely dogshit on the field, or even without him? I cannot count them anymore.
Us, on the other hand, we have to always rely on fucking Messi for everything, since Neymar has a score ratio of a central defender and Suarez plays like a fucking amateur.
Overrated Penaldo misses tons of chance per game, but at the end of the day someone else (Benzema, Bale, Morata, Modric, James, Isco, Ramos, Kroos) scores for him most of the times, here if Messi doesn't create AND THEN also scores nobody else does (Neymar just creates, but he forgot his scoring boots somewhere in Brazil). So yes, I personally find it to be hilarious to read critics to Messi for some "missed" chances, always and, especially, this season.

kilian

Why would it be hillarious? He too can make a mistake and play a bad game. Also, he is not a saint so he can`t get criticized for anything. He is one of the best football players of all time and has a lot of credit for what he has done for Barca, but that doesn`t mean that no one can criticize him for anything till the rest of his career.

Also, there were a number of games where Neymar and Suarez created something, when Messi was off. And that`s understandable, he is human after all. He can`t play every game at his best level.

Comparing him to Ronaldo is ridiculous, because Messi is a player who influences the whole game and Ronaldo is a poacher who doesn`t exist on the pitch until someone creates a chance for him. Of course Real had to learn how to win without his contribution.

ManusXavi

Xavi insiesta guaridola etc are all recognised and considered great for what they did. Messi di not take all the spotlight from them. He just took his deserved share. You are talking as if no one gives a crap about xavi,iniesta,guardiola etc

In New Zealand is mostly is 'Glory to Messi'. They forget about how the rest of the team contributed to the Barcelona success. It annoys me.

behindbrowneyes

He clearly was lacking of rhythm which is absolutely normal after a break and few trainings before the game. Give him some trainings and 2 or 3 games and he will be GOAT again. Messi needs this "game rhythm" more than anyone else.

Longer holidays for MSN don't seem to be that good in the shorter period, but we will benefit from it in April and May. Remember last season when they destroyed everything and then their batteries were empty when we needed them most.

RevoTeller

Oh wow, Madrid is leading 2-0 after 20 minutes thanks to Isco and Benzema with the glorified plastic Penaldo who, actually nowhere to be seen, will score the 3-0 and take all the merit at the end of the season. Who knew! :wacko:

B-but Messi missed a chance!

Edit: There! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yannik

I don't know wether it's impressive that one man can carry a team of that size, or wether it's sad that a team of that size is being carried by one man.

Home of Barca Fans