10 - Lionel Messi - v5

No it wasnt luck. Was it luck for Chelsea that Paulinho missed the header in first game at 0-0?

This repeated often. But it was not a realistic chance. I might be wrong but I don't know how can someone beat a goalkeeper by deflecting the cross when the cross is very slow. One can score from such cross if they're very close to the goal. But it's almost impossible to accelerate the ball enough to beat the goalkeeper when the cross is too slow.

And regarding the chelsea match, my claim is different from others. I said 6/10 because if Willian scored from his first woordwork, then our game play would've changed and Chelsea wouldn't have created as much they created. Also, we had the luxury of 3 early goals in second half which consequentially led to many more clear cut chances for Chelsea.
Only thing I disagree with your opinion is that the chances created by Chelsea were better than ours. That's why I say 6/10 towards Chelsea.

JamDav1982

This repeated often. But it was not a realistic chance. I might be wrong but I don't know how can someone beat a goalkeeper by deflecting the cross when the cross is very slow. One can score from such cross if they're very close to the goal. But it's almost impossible to accelerate the ball enough to beat the goalkeeper when the cross is too slow.

And regarding the chelsea match, my claim is different from others. I said 6/10 because if Willian scored from his first woordwork, then our game play would've changed and Chelsea wouldn't have created as much they created. Also, we had the luxury of 3 early goals in second half which consequentially led to many more clear cut chances for Chelsea.
Only thing I disagree with your opinion is that the chances created by Chelsea were better than ours. That's why I say 6/10 towards Chelsea.

Paulinhos header was probably a better chance than all the Chelsea chances Barca were apparently so lucky that they missed. He should have scored.

The chances created by Chelsea were not better in that second game and the reason Barca sat back and gave up bit more of ball was due to the early goals not Chelsea being superior.

The reason Barca sat back and gave up bit more of ball was due to the early goals not Chelsea being superior.

This is what I said isn't it?

And regarding the quality of chances, remember the chance squandered by Kante by not passing to an unmarked teammate who only had Ter stegen to beat. If I remember correctly, Pique/Alba was the only defender blocking Kante and the other forward was unmarked. Kante had time to make decision similar to Mbappe against RM still squandered. And Hazard's volley inside the penalty box which was blocked was much realistic chance than the header. Also, Willian's shot wasn't just random too. Watch how perfectly Chelsea defense guarded Messi from his preferred left shoot shot from outside the penalty area. Messi didn't even take shot after seeing the perfect defensive block despite going for it for two or three times while on the other hand, Willian had all the time and space in the world to shoot from his preferred foot. It was similar to Muller's goal against spain in the last friendly. Only difference is Spain changed its tactics and didn't give him a single chance thereafter while Barca allowed Willian to take two more almost carbon copy attempts all from his preferred foot and one of them was on target as goal.

kollegah

chelsea had 0 clear cut chances in these 2 games. what are u talking about?
be ashamed of yourself for the nonsense you are talking. Chelsea only chances came from willian longshots, which he produces 1 out of 100.

JamDav1982

This is what I said isn't it?

And regarding the quality of chances, remember the chance squandered by Kante by not passing to an unmarked teammate who only had Ter stegen to beat. If I remember correctly, Pique/Alba was the only defender blocking Kante and the other forward was unmarked. Kante had time to make decision similar to Mbappe against RM still squandered. And Hazard's volley inside the penalty box which was blocked was much realistic chance than the header. Also, Willian's shot wasn't just random too. Watch how perfectly Chelsea defense guarded Messi from his preferred left shoot shot from outside the penalty area. Messi didn't even take shot after seeing the perfect defensive block despite going for it for two or three times while on the other hand, Willian had all the time and space in the world to shoot from his preferred foot. It was similar to Muller's goal against spain in the last friendly. Only difference is Spain changed its tactics and didn't give him a single chance thereafter while Barca allowed Willian to take two more almost carbon copy attempts all from his preferred foot and one of them was on target as goal.

So now we are looking at possible chances that Chelsea missed their final pass on as well?

Barca in the one real period they tried to attack Chelsea over the two legs scored twice in 20 mins.

So now we are looking at possible chances that Chelsea missed their final pass on as well?

Barca in the one real period they tried to attack Chelsea over the two legs scored twice in 20 mins.

I didn't mention possible assists for claiming Chelsea were better. I just said it as example of Chelsea being tactically better.

Ritchie

Luck and shot accuracy played the most important part in our win against Chelsea. The same match played, Chelsea would've won 6 out of 10 times.

But Pep's performance against Chelsea was horrible to watch. There's no tactic at all. Just greatest players holding onto the ball and trying to find spaces which seldom existed. And that's not even taken into consideration our horrendous defense.

It didn't help ending up with a very makeshift backline and the likes of Cuenca, Tello and Cesc trying to win a CL semi final. That season was a big regression from 2011 but 9 times out of 10 Barca win that tie.

It didn't help ending up with a very makeshift backline and the likes of Cuenca, Tello and Cesc trying to win a CL semi final. That season was a big regression from 2011 but 9 times out of 10 Barca win that tie.

Even in 2011 Barca was contained very well by Mourinho in the Semifinal. But Messi scored two goals out of nowhere with the help of an excellent cross for first goal. The constant Physical attacks and antics from both sides distracted RM defense. Like Mourinho say, "Sometimes I could stop him, sometimes I couldn't". And in the final, Ferguson was stupid enough to play attacking game against Barca. He wanted to be pride or whatever. Somehow, he left out Scholes on bench too. He's the only midfielder capable of facing Barca.

And in Copa Del Rey, one can clearly see Barca attack being completely nullified. Almost all the passes were intecepted. Mourinho was so excellent that Barca couldn't pass the ball to their forwards despite changing their positions constantly (total football). Mourinho is very under appreciated.

Last edited:

booge

I agree, another one who is insecure and needs to blow his own trumpet.

Mourinho, C. Ron, Pele, Maradona, Romario all thought they were the kings.

The true kings are the silent assassins, Guardiola (Who will follow Mouriniho where ever he goes and will end up tarnishing Mourinho's records and in the right way also.)

Brazil Ronaldo at his prime was the same (Had Pele bashing him every week the envious scum bag and even telling the CBF to not a;ways play Ronaldo in meaningless Friendlies so he does not break Pele's Brazil Goal record lmao)

Messi get's it all the time too by a certain few present and past stars.

The best hardly ever need to talk and let their style be shown on the pitch.

Zlaton you can excuse because he purely does it for trolling. Same with the boxer Ali. You could see he was trolling for views.

BUT Maradonna, Pele, C. Ronaldo & Romario has such a desperation, are so desperate to keep reminding the public what they achieved and all of their numbers that you have to wonder why so desperate?

If you was the best then why don't you let other speak about you? Is it because one certain Messi is being talk so graciously and so greatly in numbers and is scoring the type of goals you could dream about whilst sleeping?

JamDav1982

Probably most genuine quote have heard from Maradona about Messi.

He is 100% correct.

Sometimes his other quotes seem a bit off but not that one.

behindbrowneyes

Too many (average) football-watchers are overestimating the world cup. What Messi does day to day for more than 10 years now is just extraordinary. A world-cup might be the greatest title a player can win, but Messi did already a fine job in taking this Argentinian-team to 3 finals and winning multiple times everything with his Barcelona.

He has won so many titles, individual awards and does amazing things in every fucking game. This is so much more than winning a world-cup. However, for the average spectator winning titles like CL or EC counts much more. Recent b'Dor votings show that. Not half of the voters there have seen what Leo does day-in day-out in everyday life called La Liga.

Home of Barca Fans