10 - Lionel Messi - v5

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Haha every goal Ronaldo scores you lose the plot about 'bottlers' and teams 'pulling their trousers down' etc.

'Chasing the headlines'

Deary me you are obsessed.
Nah, actually been giving him credit lately for his form with Real Madrid and didn’t comment anything like that for a long time now. It’s you that’s obsessed with being a little twat who loves to create a stir out of made-up shit that you pull out of your ass time after time again on here. But you have been roasted so many times on here in the last couple of months that I had kinda hoped you would calm down with your pathetic cuck shit.

JamDav1982

Nah, actually been giving him credit lately for his form with Real Madrid and didn’t comment anything like that for a long time now. It’s you that’s obsessed with being a little twat who loves to create a stir out of made-up shit that you pull out of your ass time after time again on here. But you have been roasted so many times on here in the last couple of months that I had kinda hoped you would calm down with your pathetic cuck shit.

You have a melt down about him every week ffs.

Calma.

MessiTBE

Banned
Now they will play Messi against much more harder team Spain. And they won't best Spain probably lose. Then they will all say "see Argentina win without Messi but lose with Messi". Makes me cry how they treat Messi.

I would give every single money I have just to see Messi win World Cup, he deserves more than anyone what he goes through with Argentina.

FCBfan22

Footballing world owes Messi a world cup, but sadly, this Argentina team can't bring him one, I think from what I have seen so far.

Unless he brings his once in a lifetime performances (vs. Ecuador in every game) throughout the WC, I sadly can't see him lifting the trophy. But if Messi can't lift it, I hope that we get the treble and Spain gets the WC, so that makes the ultimate sendoff for the Don.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
You have a melt down about him every week ffs.

Calma.

I have 12 posts in his thread for the last year. Just counted. Don’t know how you define a week inside your bald head. Must be something too advanced for my little head, aye? You have declined at this game, Jammie. I’m let down.

Mitchell1978

Now they will play Messi against much more harder team Spain. And they won't best Spain probably lose. Then they will all say "see Argentina win without Messi but lose with Messi".

No they won't because these are meaningless friendless. You're just repeating nonsense that has been debunked many times.

Mitchell1978

Imo he shouldn't play against Spain either if he is anything less then 100 %. Yeah i get it, its cool to play against your barça teammates but really its just a friendly.

Givenchy

international friendlies, a blight on football and it does nothing to 'bond the team' as we see with England every tournament, hopefully Messi and the other Barca players rest or only play a half

sickstar

Yep it's bad for barca if Messi plays against Spain. But it'll be bad for Argentina, losing moment to synchronize the team.

45 min of playmaker duty I think, no need to score goal.

sickstar

The footballing world does NOT owe Messi a World Cup or any international accolades for that matter. He has played in 4 international finals so far in his career. In those 4 matches Argentina have scored a grand total of ZERO goals. Being the greatest of all time one would've expected him to produce at least one moment of magic and win one of those aforementioned tournaments. But he didn't.

You can only blame his international teammates for so long. Those same "shitty" teammates were good enough to get to multiple international finals.

In finals big time players are expected to step up on the big stage. Messi was unable to prevent Argentina from getting a clean sheet against in 4 major international finals, that is inexcusable from a player of his caliber.

Spare me the excuses, there is no need to feel pity for Messi, he had numerous chances and failed to deliver. The way some people talk about Argentina you'd think they've been eliminated in the groups stages for the past 10 years. Could Messi have had a better team, sure, but he was not on a team with no chance of winning anything like Egypt or Sweden. He was one a contender that had a supporting cast good enough to go very deep into major tournaments.

You forgot, Argentina also has conceded a grand total of zero goal.

That is not the case.

Well 3 of the matches were 0-0 heading into ET and two were still 0-0 going into penalties.

Apart from the 2007 Copa America Final where Brazil smashed the Argies 3-0, the other matches were still very close and could've been decided with one moment of magic from Leo. The point is he failed to produce the goods.

Home of Barca Fans