10 - Lionel Messi - v5

JamDav1982

If Ronaldo wins that Pichichi all hell will break loose. Fuckin Messi better start getting his goalscoring boots on.

Already the Ronaldo fans are saying 'the lead Messi had he's so shit Ronaldo already catching up and played less games'

Ffs Messi

No Messi would be better off focusing on the team and getting in adequate rest than worrying about the Pichichi.

likeafire

Twitter is full of this comment: "Messi gave Suarez the penalty so that he could beat Ronaldo to the Pichichi, whereas Ronaldo gave Benzema cause he actually wanted to help his teammate get confidence, that's the difference in mindset'

Any truth to that

JamDav1982

Twitter is full of this comment: "Messi gave Suarez the penalty so that he could beat Ronaldo to the Pichichi, whereas Ronaldo gave Benzema cause he actually wanted to help his teammate get confidence, that's the difference in mindset'

Any truth to that

Probably is an element of truth in that but Messi has also given penalties in many different situations than when Suarez was chasing Pichichi.

I dont think Twitter is full of that comment anyway.

Sounds like more made up or over exagerated claims.

Horatio

You're welcome

Any truth to that

Might be true but irrelevant. Messi gave Neymar plenty of penalties because he had poor scoring form.

Edit: Jamdav ninja'd me.

raskolnikov

Probably is an element of truth in that but Messi has also given penalties in many different situations than when Suarez was chasing Pichichi.

I dont think Twitter is full of that comment anyway.

Sounds like more made up or over exagerated claims.
For example the penalty he gave Ibra when he had a masterclass hattricj vs Sociedad. This twitter shit is just some Ronaldo circlejerk for a rare unselfish moment.

JamDav1982

For example the penalty he gave Ibra when he had a masterclass hattricj vs Sociedad. This twitter shit is just some Ronaldo circlejerk for a rare unselfish moment.

I would bet it is nowhear near 'all over twitter' as is being made out.

Twitter is full of trolls anyway who say shit to get this type of reaction.

Messi has done this type of thing far more and Ronaldo deserves a bit of credit for it today as Messi also gets.

Horatio

You're welcome
I remember that one time where Ronaldo scored 3 and Messi casually scored 4 against osasuna a few hours later to show who was the bigger man.

I remember that as well. But I believe in the stats. Messi hasn't scored in 3 La Liga games now, so that needs to be compensated somehow. Will either score 2 or 3 today.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Messi has stopped scoring since February started. His first goal this month was against Chelsea and I hope that was another kick starter.
I also think he was massively holding back in the games before the CL tie to conserve energy where his work rate was fine. If his finishing is point today, I would expect him to score a couple.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
His maternal grandfather passed away too. Who knows if he was close to him, but perhaps today is the best chance to give him some rest, even if it is for one half.

clemente

I don't like resting him, whats the point of him covering half the distance that his teammates are covering if he cannot play more?

Home of Barca Fans