10 - Lionel Messi - v5

raskolnikov

Enough with this role model crap. That crowd had it coming.
He isnt 100% yet but still decided the match.
Anyone else had Javi Varas flashbacks?
Man has ice in his veins to step up at that moment after the copa America against the best penalty killer in the game.

Antimadridista1

Love the way he celebrated after the third goal. F*CK HATERS.
This guy has balls and when he's angry, he shits all over any team in the world.

doublehh03

You can clearly tell Messi isn't fully fit. He was huffing and puffing hard after each run. But he created chances and did well enough. He's getting there.

I love that he hi-fived the Valencia after that defender made a great tackle on him.

This dude exemplifies everything that's right with the sport.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Lion_Messi.jpg

Ritchie

Messi is 29 years old, not 35. This notion that he cannot play two 90 mins games in 3 days because of his age is nonsense. Now if you say he is not up to match fitness to play two 90 min games in 3 days because he just returned from a 3 week injury, then you might have a better point. But then again, he just scored 5 goals in those 2 matches so the point hardly holds any water.

Also, I still marvel at the fact people cannot differentiate between inefficient performances and bad performances. A player can be inefficient and sloppy in his play and still deliver an effective and good performance.
Case in point is Neymar who has been sloppy and inefficient all throughout this year but he still has been incredibly effective and important for this team.

Lionel Messi hardly ever has bad performances. And when I say this, I do mean hardly ever in all his career for Barcelona. He has matches where he is flawless; matches where he is clinical above all else; and matches where is he more sloppy and less efficient than his usual stellar self, but nonetheless still effective (like today). But he hardly ever has a match where you say, "uff he was useless today"

Just think about that next time the thought crosses your mind about benching him because he isn't torching everyone with 80% dribble and passing efficiency.

And he said to the Mestalla crowd: "Concha de tu madre, hijo de mil putas" trans: "Your mother's cunt, son of a thousand whores"

He's got the fitness of a 35 year old, but he's good enough to be able to pace himself through games.

He can play the minutes but he'll have to rest his legs during the match.

It's why he hasn't been able to win Argentina a final on his own because he's got nothing left in his legs by that point and when he has produced a moment Higuain choked it.

Last edited:

snowy

He's got the fitness of a 35 year old ...

lol that can't be right.
or maybe a 35 year old who fell in the Cocoon pool :snorkle:
Anyways, didn't L. E. say he was happy with Leo's conditioning? Think it was in an interview while Leo was recovering from the hamstring. And Luis gives a lot of importance to fitness...

Home of Barca Fans