10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Horatio

You're welcome
Looks like:

Dextro_Cola_G.jpg

Horatio

You're welcome
His whoscored rating for this league season is the highest in his career with just slightly topping 11/12

Not sure if that is accurate, could be. But I think it has more to do with the fact competition has never been so weak for him. He really seems to be at lonely heights at the moment.
Messi vs Ronaldo debate also seemingly reaching its end.

M

MessiCam

I’m a little disappointed that he is shying away from having a go with his right foot. Last night and a couple of other times he had a clear sight on goal with the right but instead chose to get clever by trying to get it on the left.

Mitchell1978

I’m a little disappointed that he is shying away from having a go with his right foot. Last night and a couple of other times he had a clear sight on goal with the right but instead chose to get clever by trying to get it on the left.

Noticed that too, he had a good chance late in the game but choose to take it with the outside of the leftfoot.

Blaugranaa

It's a bit odd for me to read that Messi has had an average game. When you see the positions he is in when he gets the ball, there're typically 2-4 defenders around him. Every other player in the world would lose the ball because of the tight space while Messi 9/10 creates something, gets to pass the ball or run past the defenders. Remember to compare Messi by human standards :messi:

raskolnikov

But he did lose the bal a lot for his standards. Part of it was him having a bad game. Other part is Alaves doing really well with the Chelsea/Atletico tactics. Anytime Messi got the ball he got jumpes by 3/4 guys and off the ball they defended him really good as well. No Alba cut backs or easy one two’s this time.

If Messi is on fire that doesnt matter but his touch was off this time and it showed. But like always he is still able to create moments that show his greatness. By an assist, keypasses, regular goal, dribble to open up the play or against Alaves the freekicks.

R

reaper

Any Messi fanatics out there who know if Messi is flat-footed and uses orthotics?

booge

I don't know how you guys feel but I am convinced there is a huge performance coming from Messi in the next few weeks.

A virtuoso performance. The team seems strong in defense, the unit seems complete.

Home of Barca Fans