10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Neymessi

I would definitely put iniesta ahead of cr7 over the course of their careers. Won't let stats fool me for a second. He has been a strict goal poacher for the last 5 years maybe now. Extremely one dimensional player who can't dribble,create dictate gameplay or give an amazing through ball to save his life.

Alik

While Iniesta was a squad player more or less until Pep. And in the last 2-3 years, Iniesta is a shadow of himself.
No offense to Iniesta, but he was a world class "only" during Pep and during Xavi-Iniesta-Messi prime.
Iniesta was absolutely amazing during Tito's time too. CR7 is also a shadow of himself over the past 2-3 years.

Stoichkov1

I understand that you hate Ronaldo but saying that Iniesta is a better player than him is delusional.

Ronaldo has easily been the second best player in the world for the last 10 years and is a better player than Henry or Zidane. When he finishes his career he will be remembered as an-all time great and rightly so.

Ripsta

I understand that you hate Ronaldo but saying that Iniesta is a better player than him is delusional.

Ronaldo has easily been the second best player in the world for the last 10 years and is a better player than Henry or Zidane. When he finishes his career he will be remembered as an-all time great and rightly so.

Is he fuck.

Peak Henry was incredible, if he were in the current Madrid side he'd be terrorising the league with similar numbers to Cristiano and Messi IMO.

Different times back then too. You look at all the Clubs around Europe it was a far more level playing field.

Messi's the best ever, but Henry at his absolute best was as good as anyone after him in the last 20-30 years, Ronaldinho included. His greatness was confirmed in 2006 when he took a team of Arsenal kids to the European final, can't blame him for losing to us when they had 10 men for most the match too.

Stoichkov1

Is he fuck.

Peak Henry was incredible, if he were in the current Madrid side he'd be terrorising the league with similar numbers to Cristiano and Messi IMO.

Different times back then too. You look at all the Clubs around Europe it was a far more level playing field.

Messi's the best ever, but Henry at his absolute best was as good as anyone after him in the last 20-30 years, Ronaldinho included. His greatness was confirmed in 2006 when he took a team of Arsenal kids to the European final, can't blame him for losing to us when they had 10 men for most the match too.

Arsenal was a great team when Henry was playing for them and he never had similar numbers to Cristiano and Messi peak years.

khaled_a_d

Is he fuck.

No one has terrorized league like Messi and Cr7, and even the latter generation of players has failed so far to be as dominant as those two did.
So NO, Henry would haven't terrorized the league if he was in Cr7 place. And in 2006 defense lead Arsenal to CL final more than Henry.
Cr7 was a worth rival to Messi (the all time greatest) and those two has added to each other legacy, it is the greatest player rivalry of all time and people really need to start giving both respect.

raskolnikov

Arsenal was a great team when Henry was playing for them and he never had similar numbers to Cristiano and Messi peak years.

In these years the gap between clubs wasnt as big as it is now. Players rare went past 30 in a season. Suarez also hit 40 recently. Lewa and cavani rip up other leagues. Look at Ibras stats. Is he a serie a legend better than batistuta for example or was the league inferior compared to the 90’s or the gap in quality bigger than back then?
Im not saying Henry would hit 40+ in la liga and I doubt he would have had the longetivity but blindly staring at the numbers is a mistake.
At this rate the gap will continue to increase untill they are forced to make a super league in Europe. Even post Messi/Ronaldo we might see players hit 35+ on a yearly basis when they play for a powerhouse.

In these years the gap between clubs wasnt as big as it is now. Players rare went past 30 in a season. Suarez also hit 40 recently. Lewa and cavani rip up other leagues. Look at Ibras stats. Is he a serie a legend better than batistuta for example or was the league inferior compared to the 90’s or the gap in quality bigger than back then?
Im not saying Henry would hit 40+ in la liga and I doubt he would have had the longetivity but blindly staring at the numbers is a mistake.
At this rate the gap will continue to increase untill they are forced to make a super league in Europe. Even post Messi/Ronaldo we might see players hit 35+ on a yearly basis when they play for a powerhouse.

Yes but Cristiano and Lionel also show their goalscoring ability in the Champions League. From 2008 till 2012 Messi was Cl Top Scorer, from 2013 till 2017 Ronaldo was Cl Topscorer.

In my opinion only Neymar has the power to become so great like they were but Neymar is already 26 years old and at this age Messi and Ronaldo were Ballon Dor winenr and destroying the teams every three days.

Truthist

Is he fuck.

I don't know how Henry would have done in La Liga but he is the best player I have ever seen in EPL. Absolutely unplayable on his day and his turn of pace made defenders look like kids.

A great great player indeed.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
The reactions in here if he has a bad game, lol. Winning us the Clasico with a top 10 ever performance like last year is most likely nothing we will ever see again.

Ritchie

Is there a rule that his team mates have to miss all the chances he puts on a plate? He should have a hat trick of assists every week.

Home of Barca Fans