10 - Lionel Messi - v5

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
What are you talking about? He was shit. Utterly wasteful.
Suarez saved our ass, not Messi.

How was he wasteful? By not scoring the kind of chances that only he can do consistently? He made some nice dribbles, created some decent chances and was unlucky not to score. More than anything, he had 4-5 Atletico players on him as soon as he received the ball. That says a lot about his teammates. Both that Atletico aren't taking them very seriously and that they can't do better with all the space it leaves for them. We were missing Neymar big time tonight. We dropped points away to them for the first time since Tata. There's a reason to that. We're simply a worse team than in previous seasons. To add insult to injury, so are Atletico.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Not the best game yes but not too bad either..... He was fouled too often though! We deserved at least 1 penalty kick today!

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">6 - Lionel Messi has hit the woodwork more often than any other player in the top five European leagues this season. Misfortune. <a href="https://t.co/8SAvg7tfOw">pic.twitter.com/8SAvg7tfOw</a></p>— OptaJose (@OptaJose) <a href="https://twitter.com/OptaJose/status/919295053616631808?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 14, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]
Why Leo!? WHY!?

Stoichkov1

How was he wasteful? By not scoring the kind of chances that only he can do consistently? He made some nice dribbles, created some decent chances and was unlucky not to score. More than anything, he had 4-5 Atletico players on him as soon as he received the ball. That says a lot about his teammates. Both that Atletico aren't taking them very seriously and that they can't do better with all the space it leaves for them. We were missing Neymar big time tonight. We dropped points away to them for the first time since Tata. There's a reason to that. We're simply a worse team than in previous seasons. To add insult to injury, so are Atletico.

You forgot that Atletico knocked out us from CL even with Neymar in the team.

Windhook

I enjoyed his every touch and made me laugh how he tried 2-3 times to dribble past Atleti's defensive wall. He was constant threat but the fact we are crippled in offence, playing with an overweight CF and missing the broken Dembele... not much to expect. Unlucky I'd say, hit the crossbar and if he scored that final free-kick you guys would be first in line to praise him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He was ok. As Windhook said, had that fk or his shot earlier went in, he'd be praised more. Created most of our dangerous attacks as usual but was too crowded and with not much help.

Xaviniesta

We need another attacking threat. When he gets crowded out things don't look good. Moneymar's presence is starting to be missed

kilian

Yeah, that last free kick was very bad. I thought he`ll try to blast it in that corner. I think even Oblak thought he`ll do that and was positioned perfectly for that kind of a shot.
But the first one was fantastic, too bad it didn`t go in.

Altomonte

After his ARG NT heroics and the long trip back with associated jet lag we could not expect a super performance. He still delivered a very good game.

Home of Barca Fans