10 - Lionel Messi - v5

FCBfan22

Anytime you think about criticizing Messi for not having a spectacular game, just remember that there is a crisis in Madrid at the moment because Ronaldo is not scoring and the whole team is mourning his draught. Fans are angry at Isco for not passing to him more, and for daring to shoot and score.
Compare that pathetic loser with our God and appreciate him every day :cheers:

The thing is that if our striker was a bit more competent yesterday, our GOAT would have 2 or 3 more assists to his name. Not to mention that he himself could have burried 2 or 3 more (header and freekicks)... Different levels between the plastic one and our magician.

JamDav1982

Messi isn't used to being given chances he usually has to create them himself.

He has had quite a few chances set up for him.

Two yesterday goals yesterday and one he missed. Suarez dummies and pass set couple up game before.

Four goals v Eibar other players contributed to his goals also.

argentina must win at least 4 points ... i see them qualify not because they good but because other's teams fixtures is really bad for them

hopefully messi score the winner against peru

Horatio

You're welcome
argentina must win at least 4 points ... i see them qualify not because they good but because other's teams fixtures is really bad for them

hopefully messi score the winner against peru

Technically yes. But more realistically they need 3 points. Unless Peru or Chile rack up goals for a better goal difference, which I don't see Peru doing after losing to Argentina and having to play Colombia or Chile who still has to play against Brazil.

If Argentina beats Peru highly likely they will at least go to play-offs which is against New-Zealand over 2 legs(!). That's a guaranteed win.

Androutsos

If Argentina don't qualify we will never hear the end of it from Messi haters

If Argentina have to play NZ to qualify I wouldn't worry about a thing, they would crucify NZ home and away just like Mexico did. Plus, I will get to see Messi & Masch live in person hopefully!

aaron101

If Argentina don't qualify we will never hear the end of it from Messi haters

It's just the same thing. If Argentina qualify, we will still never hear the end of it from haters.

Argentina have slimmer chance of winning this World Cup than the last one. I read somewhere before that no South American team has ever won a World Cup trophy in a European soil.

Horatio

You're welcome
It's just the same thing. If Argentina qualify, we will still never hear the end of it from haters.

Argentina have slimmer chance of winning this World Cup than the last one. I read somewhere before that no South American team has ever won a World Cup trophy in a European soil.

And prior to Germany winning it in Brazil an European team never won on South-American soil. So maybe that spell has been broken XD.

aaron101

And prior to Germany winning it in Brazil an European team never won on South-American soil. So maybe that spell has been broken XD.

Not for Argentina though. Remember, they will be playing in Russia. Most South Americans are not used to their weather. Also, even without that spell, Argentina already had a slim chance of getting to the final how much more if you include that spell lol

2014 FIFA World Cup was their best chance to win it. They were not even expected to get to the final at that time because their lineup was so shit. They were very lucky to be in the finals and to be carried by Messi.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It will be summer.

Argentina will certainly not be the favorites if they make it to the WC.

Germany, Brazil, Spain clear favorites with France behind them.

Last edited:

henias

Argentina lack fast wingers and good fullbacks. They might have all the "talent" in the world but they are not in the right positions. Whether or not Messi is in the team, I dont see this team producing anything. Either they need a hell lot of luck or change their entire tactics. Theres simply no one-man team in football, albeit Messi is the only one closest to making this realistically possible.

Home of Barca Fans