10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Raketa10

First of all Argentina needs a proper manager. Last few were beyond awful! It's said to watch team like that being managed by totally incapable managers.

kadeng

its sad how pathethic troll you are :)

i think you misunderstood me.. the thing i said about Messi (that he is getting worse; which i believe) is something to be sad about if you are a Barcelona supporter. i did not mean you are not...

Co0ter

Messi isn't declining because of lack of effort or age, it's quite clear that he has a persistent muscle issue. 2 seasons ago at 27 he was running at the defenders all season long like he always had. Then he had a few muscle injuries and they've been nagging him ever since. You just don't enjoy running at defenders your whole career then suddenly at 29 you decide not to. He doesn't do it anymore because if he takes the hits like he used to and keeps making those runs then he'll just keep getting injured.

It's time we move him into midfield then compensate. Buy a new world class right winger with a good work rate and play Messi at right midfield, to balance the right side play a defensive right back. Play a left attacking mid with good work rate like Iniesta mold or a well-rounded player like Rakitic. Continue playing an attacking left back.

Mitchell1978

Messi isn't declining because of lack of effort or age, it's quite clear that he has a persistent muscle issue. 2 seasons ago at 27 he was running at the defenders all season long like he always had. Then he had a few muscle injuries and they've been nagging him ever since. You just don't enjoy running at defenders your whole career then suddenly at 29 you decide not to. He doesn't do it anymore because if he takes the hits like he used to and keeps making those runs then he'll just keep getting injured.

It's time we move him into midfield then compensate. Buy a new world class right winger with a good work rate and play Messi at right midfield, to balance the right side play a defensive right back. Play a left attacking mid with good work rate like Iniesta mold or a well-rounded player like Rakitic. Continue playing an attacking left back.

:facepalm:
i see the idiots and the throlls have come out

he just had a monster game versus Sevilla, has been scoring at a level closer to his best scoring days then he has in quite some time and has been far and away Barça's best player this season but yeah we should play the best player in the world out of position :facepalm:

Last edited:

ini4ever

Messi is not a midfielder. He will fuck up midfield harmony if he get played there for sure especially in Barca midfield where you should run as hell and cover up most of the pitch and literally being available everywhere every seconds.

Co0ter

Messi is not a midfielder. He will fuck up midfield harmony if he get played there for sure especially in Barca midfield where you should run as hell and cover up most of the pitch and literally being available everywhere every seconds.

I understand that. That's exactly why I took the time to explain how to compensate his work rate in the entire rest of tthe post.

No trolling. People called me a troll and idiot too when I said we should play Messi back at RW and buy a CF. It happened though. Then we won another treble. Probably would have won more titles too prior if we'd done it sooner.

So name call I guess. That's what people resort to when they don't have a clue about what they're taking about. If you haven't even realized already, Messi pretty much already does constantly fall back into midfield these days.

Iarwain

[tw]797456409831018497[/tw]

To be fair it's tough to develop team chemistry in international fixtures. Players from various clubs and leagues gather around few days before the actual game and do only few trainings.

It's not easy for that Argentinian left back to read Messi's body movement and time his runs perfectly like Alba. Alba trains with Messi day in day out for months and months, hence their connection looks so natural.

It's not primarily Argentina's issue, but generally the issue of NT breaks which is why the quality of NT football looks so below the club level. You just can't form great offensive chemistry in such a short preparation time, and especially in a team consisted of players playing all around the world in various leagues and different systems. Football idiots mostly interpret this as individual player's incapability to replicate their club form in NT ("Hazard/Messi play shit in their NT, look at my brilliant football insight"). It does get better in tournaments where they get a bit more time to spend together but these NT breaks are pointless.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Would be great if he would ease the fears of Barca fans.
Only one and a half year left on his contract.

Hatem Ben Arfa

ploy for more money. He'll run it down until there are 6 months left and Barca will offer him more than anyone ever. Personally, I want to see him in the Premier League, at Newcastle lol.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I call it BS. How the hell did MARCA get all the details and stuff that was supposed to be going on in Messi's head?

I don't it is a plot for more money either. Didn't Messi agree to have a portion of his salary delayed to help out the club? Everyone wants more money so does Messi, but if there is any truth to this perhaps he was indeed bothered by the heck out of all the legal problems he had.

El Flaco

Guys, don't take anything serious regarding Barca contract-extensions news when the main source is Marca.

It's just an attempt to destabilise both Messi and the club.

Home of Barca Fans