10 - Lionel Messi - v5

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Better get Dembele this summer then. Don't want to see them half-ass it again and think Deulofeu is anywhere good enough. That's my biggest fear.

GetIn

Not necessarily. Could be a 4-4-2.

Just took a look at some more of his sound bites.

[Tw]870238478591815680[/tw]
[Tw]870238316213522432[/tw]

He has hinted that Messi will move back centrally and also that we will either play a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3. For both Messi and Suarez to play in the same XI he will have to adopt the 3-4-3.

Maybe that's why we keep seeing so many rumours about centre backs?

KiX7777

Yea, 4-4-2 seems more logic. I guess Bellerin RB and Vidal/Roberto RM, Neymar LM, Suarez CF and Messi SS.

I don't see any other position for Messi other than SS, he can't play in midfield.

No way he is going to play 3-4-3, he is special for his defense. Also, he said that defense is priority.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
If 4-4-2 is being planned, we need to get an engine/destroyer type in the midfield next to Busi.

Unless we plan on playing Roberto there. Gomes might also do well as a wide midfielder.

GetIn

Yea, 4-4-2 seems more logic. I guess Bellerin RB and Vidal/Roberto RM, Neymar LM, Suarez CF and Messi SS.

I don't see any other position for Messi other than SS, he can't play in midfield.

No way he is going to play 3-4-3, he is special for his defense. Also, he said that defense is priority.

I don't think the 4-4-2 really makes all that much sense. I think we would get a lot more out of Messi if he plays behind Suarez rather than alongside him. I don't ever want Leo going back to the ST position, other teams will mark him out of games.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I get the feeling he is not going to use Leo in a specific position per se but would give him more of a free role.

---------------Steven
RB------Pique--------Umtiti-----Alba
----------Busi---------CM
--------Leo(free role - very much interchanging position with the guy in RM position)
--RM(Bit like Iniesta, may be an enhanced version of David Silva)----------Suarez--------Neymar(Left forward)

The advantage would hopefully be: The flexibility available to pass the teams out to death and also have a good bit of width and still use Leo in his inside forward role like good old days

Last edited:

GetIn

DBP7EtgXkAA3nm9.jpg:medium

Home of Barca Fans