10 - Lionel Messi - v5

oggmar

heard this on (non-sports) radio this morning. anyone know how serious this is?

I think it's just the old sentence confirmed in a higher instance. Meaning he will not go to jail since he is a first time offender in spain and it's under 2 years.

Zebulun

so basically, this is just another smear campaign against leo, whereas Cr7 evading 150 mil must be kept under wraps. Spain .

Planetdune

They made sure he didn't have to go to jail but he is convicted now in both a lower and higher court. That does damage his reputation. Also if anything ever happens again, he will be forced to actually go to jail as the clause only works for 1st time offenders.

Question17

His reputation. Half this forum was pushing a narrative that Messi is a simple idiot who barely knows what money is and he was tricked into everything.

They made sure he didn't have to go to jail but he is convicted now in both a lower and higher court. That does damage his reputation. Also if anything ever happens again, he will be forced to actually go to jail as the clause only works for 1st time offenders.

He better fired his father who by the way, got a time reduction of the condamnation.

He was only 19 for christ'sake!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He better fired his father who by the way, got a time reduction of the condamnation.

He was only 19 for christ'sake!

Yeah, I can hardly blame Messi. Particularly when you know openly Madridista persecutors were after him while ignoring fraud cases from Real.

Oh, btw. whatever happened with Real Madrid sale of their training ground a decade ago where government paid them double the money than it was valued.

El Flaco

[tw]867437058121400320[/tw]

President Josep Maria Bartomeu contacted the player’s family to communicate this support. The family was very grateful for the support received from the Club throughout the process

Following the Supreme Court's decision in the Leo Messi case this afternoon, Club spokesman Josep Vives said: "The Club reiterates, once again, its full support for Leo Messi, his father Jorge Messi, and his family. This afternoon, FC Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu contacted the player’s family to communicate this support. The family was very grateful, not only for today's gesture, but also for the support the player and his family have received from the Club throughout this process. The Club will continue to stand with Leo Messi, his father, and his family.”

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/ne...es-expresses-support-leo-messi-and-his-family

JamDav1982

Doesnt feel right the club saying how happy the Messi family are with the support shown.

Should leave that to them to say themselves if want to.

Devils

Cringe.

Who the hell says something like that? These morons will do anything to make themselves look better.

Giginho75

i'm disappointed...
in my opinion leo is the best in the world (and probably all time together maradona) and i'm crazy for him...
but this sentence touchs his reputation, also if i didn't still understand if he's the only one guilty or mostly the father...

Windhook

These are part of the risks you take by having a relative as your representative agent. In Leo's case it's not his fault, but his father's.

Home of Barca Fans